IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Look at the *bright* side indeed..
Heh..

A friend raved on and on and.. re Chick Corea (sp?).

Let her take me to a concert. Believe string players call it noodling when yer kinda just tryin out sounds and.. lookin' fer loopholes; just lookin fer loopholes (?)

Anyway.. what I guess he calls innovation ;-) er improvisation - soon came to be, for me: the aural version of Aleph-null, endless extravagant sounds signifying *nothing* (well, to me anyway) but worse: a hostile *nothing* :( Enough to want a martini with a cockroach for protein, like Guy Noir's fav.

For ~first time re 'arts' - it evoked in me: anger! That of the student trapped by an autodidact! or by a stranger at the door who might launch into explaining the Universe as it's Spozed to Be.. Smugly, beatifically sing-song. Before asking if I wanted to know that trivial piece of misinformation.

But such events Do have their silver lining! The sky never looked so bright and inviting! when finally I got out of that auditorium and felt..

Freee.. Freee *At Last* !!

And realized too.. never would I have to go through That again, at least while able to move one eyelid and blink twice.. for NO. {sigh}
(But at least.. he didn't have an overblown alto-sax for accompaniment.. too.)

('Course too - says nothing re Mr. C. and his art and those who like it. Just bad chemistry twixt Us-two I guess. Still and all - the feeling of "relief" is its own reward :-)

Ashton Critic

ie it's tough recommendin stuff to Us Cranks\ufffd, y'know?
(Dunno about the one above, but if that rape scenario is as you say (?) it might glaringly bring out a subtle 'conservative' er reactionary idiocy of the culture -- which would be much like that live cockroach in yer martini. No?)

:-\ufffd
New waal his older stuff was good
many things that sound good on tape suck live while others shine live and suck in the studio. I think I would rather listen to birds warbling than new age jazz. The fresh air is good and ya can turn on the mower if ya dont like the tunes.:)
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
     Not doin' too well... - (inthane-chan) - (43)
         You can't fix everything. - (admin)
         Well.. (a decidedly good direction) - (Ashton)
         You're being overwhelmed by the media - (wharris2) - (2)
             I'll have to second this - (drewk) - (1)
                 hands clapping (nt) -NT - (wharris2)
         Stop taking life so seriously. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Yup. That too. -NT - (Ashton)
         And even if "Rome" *does* "fall", remember: - (CRConrad)
         Get away for a day. Take a walk in the woods. - (Another Scott)
         turn off the tube - (boxley)
         Re: Not doin' too well... - (pwhysall)
         Cheap Advice or Advice is cheap - (jbrabeck)
         Well... - (inthane-chan) - (3)
             You can add... - (bepatient) - (2)
                 Agreed! - (jlalexander) - (1)
                     Don't get me wrong... - (bepatient)
         Lots of good advice given. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
             On that friend note. - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                 a friend will help you move - (boxley) - (4)
                     You get the lime, I'll bring my own shovel, OK? - (CRConrad) - (3)
                         Got some space here.. but mind you - - (Ashton) - (2)
                             What with Hiaasen being a (or _the_?) Florida writer... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 chained under the mangrove roots - (boxley)
         Unfortunately, I don't recall your religious persuasion... - (static) - (6)
             (All Honneamise did was make me angry) - (Meerkat) - (5)
                 Look at the *bright* side indeed.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                     waal his older stuff was good - (boxley)
                 Notice I've never suggested you endure it again. - (static) - (2)
                     Saw it, liked it. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Ah. Thought you might have. - (static)
         Compared to? - (imric) - (7)
             The right solution to a world with nothing of worth is... - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                 *smile* - (imric) - (5)
                     We know what isn't, maybe (Ozymandias of Egypt?) - (Ashton) - (4)
                         Well, seems to me that if what Ozymandias . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                             Arrhh.. Arrhh... Blast yer eyes! ya scurvy scow flotsam - - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 I'm sure Ozymandias used poets . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     Cackle.. cackle.. - (Ashton)
         Some ideas that work for me - (mhuber)
         The best way to feel good about yourself - (DonRichards) - (3)
             100% agreement - (Yendor)
             2nd that notion - (cforde) - (1)
                 re that dearth of biz-'appreciation' - (Ashton)

Given enough thrust, even pigs will fly.
68 ms