IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Repos Withheld NK Nuke Info Until After Iraq Vote
[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49358-2002Oct18.html|http://www.washingto...58-2002Oct18.html]
-drl
New Re: The next bit of shit to hit the fan is that Pakistan ...
Has been accused in Washington Post of assisting Nth Korea develop its nukes.

Naturally Musharif went on air to deny it (but of course he wasn't president back them).

An aside addressed to Marlowe ...

Why is it that everytime Marlowe gets confronted with total in-yer-face evidence that destroys his at times bizzare positions, he dissapears or does the characteristic serial post of some new bit of right-wing propaganda.

Marlowe - this is an open challenge - in the past I have implied (as strongly as it can be implied) that you don't exist as a normal human. I have debated this over some months privately with other posters here & surprisingly they lean toward you being a real living breathing human - I argued that your postings and comments and logic weren't normal & that you are actually a software 'bot'.

My challenge is that in order for me to satisfy my well founded & deep suspicion that you are yet another computer program (we had one once before in IWE) please email me directly at dmarker@netvigator.com and tell me so (in any terms and style that suit you). Based on your response I will be happy to state my conclusion & if that is in the afirmative of you being a real human, will appologise for the inferences that you are a bot, and will *forever* stop accusing you of being a bot, (plus will tone down my clearly contemptuous responses to your posts).

Cheers

Doug Marker
Expand Edited by dmarker Oct. 19, 2002, 02:12:23 AM EDT
New Ah, the Turing Test for Marlowe. :)
[link|http://www.oxy.edu/departments/cog-sci/courses/1998/cs101/texts/Computing-machinery.html|Link.]
Alex

"I have a truly marvelous demonstration of this proposition which this margin is too narrow to contain. -- Pierre de Fermat (1601-1665)
New Hey, just post it after every comment he makes.
Same text, and link back to this comment.

Maybe someday you'll get a rise out of him, and he'll actually do more than a hit and run, but somehow I doubt it...
End of world rescheduled for day after tomorrow. Something should probably be done. Please advise.
New Re: The case against it being human ...

Has so far failed to ever respond to a direct challenge that pointed out blatant contradictions in its logic.

Part of my case against it is the it has done more to drive the consensus here against Bush & republicans than any other poster, yet its goal is clearly to promote them.

This point leads me to the 'Tar Baby' theory. We all keep hitting the Marlowe tar baby because of its silence (intelligent replys to direct challenges) is so insulting & infutiating. This is a classic 'bot' pattern as happened with the last known bot (in IWE).

When most of us here accuse someone of something we will at least try to justify the accusation & will usually respond to the accused - Marlowe makes an accusation & when asked what statement or line prompted the accusation never replies, (because usually there is no logical reply it can give).

Marlowe rarely answers to the *specific point* another poster raises. Its responses tend to be very very generalised.

So my actions at the moment are (I confess) smacking the 'tar baby' with a 10 x 4 (and predictably getting no response).

Cheers

Doug

New That is not true
At least not in past fun and games. Read these threads:

[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=30593|http://z.iwethey.org...w?contentid=30593]
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=30810|http://z.iwethey.org...w?contentid=30810]

While Marlowe made his share of blunders, and had trouble admitting to being wrong, he demonstrated that he isn't a bot.

Cheers,
Ben
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
New I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that
-drl
New Case proven, but..
Of late -

Recall that Steve O'Conner (Oz) launched N.I.C.E. and Jerry ___?
The bot is not its author. So I don't doubt there is an intelligence out there, but his/its current game is mere stimulus/response; nothing like debate. The Hotentott Rule?

(But from your link - throughout a variety of propositions the dead-Certainty of opinion remained intact. EZ target that certainty stuff, especially about humans and their 'motives'.)

Ashton

Besides I recognize my Gramma - feed her boilerplate into 32-bit Eliza and Voila! ;-)
New Re: Yup Ben - gotta agree

Those threads add 10 points back to Marlowe not being a N.I.C.E. bot

<grin>

Cheers

Doug
New *giggle*
The White House withheld North Korea's admission about a nuclear weapons program from key Democrats until after Congress had passed its resolution authorizing war with Iraq, prompting complaints on Capitol Hill that the administration has let politics influence its conduct of foreign affairs.
HORRORS!

Next, we'll find out that MONEY has tainted our financial systems!

Senate Majority Leader Thomas A. Daschle (D-S.D.) said he learned about the weapons program from newspaper articles the next morning, and Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Joseph R. Biden Jr. (D-Del.) said he was told about two hours ahead of the press. At least two Republican senators said they had earlier received individual briefings from Assistant Secretary of State James A. Kelly.
It's refered to as "information control".

You are fed ONLY the facts that will get you to support a specific agenda.

Fucking DUH!

It is up to YOU to dig deeper and get the OTHER facts.

Democrats said the episode could further impair the administration's already fragile relations with Congress.
"fragile"? The PATRIOT act? The Iraq resolution? What has Congress NOT given up?

"Senators are concerned and troubled by it," a Democratic leadership aide said. "This cloud of secrecy raises questions about whether there are other pieces to this puzzle they don't know about."
Okay, if you have to wonder that AT THIS POINT, don't fret your widdle head about it. You'll never find out, anyway.

Administration officials said they revealed the information because former Clinton administration officials had leaked the news after learning about it from State Department contacts.
The people in the FORMER administration managed to find out before the CURRENT Congress-critters. And the current Congress-critters are talking about "fragile" relations and wondering if there's anything more they don't know about.

The current regime is playing information control
-but-
Members of the previous administration can get the information
-while-
The Congress-critters are wondering what they haven't been told.

Morons.

Bush remained silent on the North Korea developments yesterday for the second day in a row, although he continued to use speeches along the campaign trail to condemn Iraqi President Saddam Hussein as "a true and real threat."
It's the oil.

White House officials said the issue was best handled through diplomatic channels and said Bush would seek "a peaceful resolution."
No oil, no invasion.

Know oil, know invasion.

Repos Withheld NK Nuke Info Until After Iraq Vote - (deSitter) - (9)
         Re: The next bit of shit to hit the fan is that Pakistan ... - (dmarker) - (7)
             Ah, the Turing Test for Marlowe. :) - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                 Hey, just post it after every comment he makes. - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                     Re: The case against it being human ... - (dmarker) - (4)
                         That is not true - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that -NT - (deSitter)
                             Case proven, but.. - (Ashton)
                             Re: Yup Ben - gotta agree - (dmarker2)
         *giggle* - (Brandioch)