IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well...
1) I've already stopped reading the newspaper, turned off the TV, and unplugged the radio. I still overhear enough of it to give me %#@#% nightmares.

2) Changed my .sig. ^_^ Still somewhat morbid, but hopefully a bit better.

3) I think all this moping about world events has more to do with me not wanting to confront core issues with myself - avoidance is something I've always had a problem with, as well as procrastination.

4) Taking a break isn't really an option - at least, not until I get done with school. I'm afraid if I take a break, I won't go back and finish it - just like with what happened the last time.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New You can add...
...talking to yourself to the list...since you are responding to your own posts now... BIG :-)

Here's the plan...

Plug the TV back in...ARC WELD the tuner to Comedy Central or the Cartoon Network...your pick...

Go see Rush Hour 2 at the movies...or maybe Rat Race...something funny...

Go to a Comedy Club....

Laugh...learn from comedians how to find humor in tragedy...

and concentrate on the things you can effect...if you're putting something off...sit down and right yourself an action plan...nice little steps and date the steps....then take the steps on the appropriate dates....don't try to remember them...right them down and post them somewhere obvious...but make sure to leave your allotted time for Comedy Central...the local comedy club...cartoon network...whatever...

Smile...laugh...consider this sound medical advice.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Agreed!
I'm a cartoon-a-holic, and keep my TV on Comedy Central, as well. My wife thinks I'm just a big kid, and well... I am, dammit! What's wrong with that? :)

I'm amazed at how out of touch I am with current events sometimes. I'm not big about watching the news, and what other time I have I tend to try to spend it working on projects and learning new stuff.

Media definitely sensationalizes everything going on. That's their job, that's what they do.

I think it's natural to get into a vicious cycle once you get yourself down. You tend to just sink deeper and deeper.

The minute I start to get down, I just make myself go do something.

-Jason
----

My pid is Inigo Montoya. You "killed -9" my parent process. Prepare to vi.
New Don't get me wrong...
...I know whats going on...I'm an info junkie...the 'net makes it possible to keep up...plus I get talk/news radio on the daily commute...but it helps to buffer that with things like "The Daily Show" on Comedy Central...that takes all that tragedy and makes you laugh about it...in spite of yourself even.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Not doin' too well... - (inthane-chan) - (43)
         You can't fix everything. - (admin)
         Well.. (a decidedly good direction) - (Ashton)
         You're being overwhelmed by the media - (wharris2) - (2)
             I'll have to second this - (drewk) - (1)
                 hands clapping (nt) -NT - (wharris2)
         Stop taking life so seriously. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Yup. That too. -NT - (Ashton)
         And even if "Rome" *does* "fall", remember: - (CRConrad)
         Get away for a day. Take a walk in the woods. - (Another Scott)
         turn off the tube - (boxley)
         Re: Not doin' too well... - (pwhysall)
         Cheap Advice or Advice is cheap - (jbrabeck)
         Well... - (inthane-chan) - (3)
             You can add... - (bepatient) - (2)
                 Agreed! - (jlalexander) - (1)
                     Don't get me wrong... - (bepatient)
         Lots of good advice given. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
             On that friend note. - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                 a friend will help you move - (boxley) - (4)
                     You get the lime, I'll bring my own shovel, OK? - (CRConrad) - (3)
                         Got some space here.. but mind you - - (Ashton) - (2)
                             What with Hiaasen being a (or _the_?) Florida writer... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 chained under the mangrove roots - (boxley)
         Unfortunately, I don't recall your religious persuasion... - (static) - (6)
             (All Honneamise did was make me angry) - (Meerkat) - (5)
                 Look at the *bright* side indeed.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                     waal his older stuff was good - (boxley)
                 Notice I've never suggested you endure it again. - (static) - (2)
                     Saw it, liked it. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Ah. Thought you might have. - (static)
         Compared to? - (imric) - (7)
             The right solution to a world with nothing of worth is... - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                 *smile* - (imric) - (5)
                     We know what isn't, maybe (Ozymandias of Egypt?) - (Ashton) - (4)
                         Well, seems to me that if what Ozymandias . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                             Arrhh.. Arrhh... Blast yer eyes! ya scurvy scow flotsam - - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 I'm sure Ozymandias used poets . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     Cackle.. cackle.. - (Ashton)
         Some ideas that work for me - (mhuber)
         The best way to feel good about yourself - (DonRichards) - (3)
             100% agreement - (Yendor)
             2nd that notion - (cforde) - (1)
                 re that dearth of biz-'appreciation' - (Ashton)

Escape from the prison planet!
83 ms