IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sorry this is not working out
I apparently cannot meet your high standards that you have of me and I keep breaking unwritten rules. I've tried, lord knows how hard I've tried and I got no slack. Moderate me all you want, censor me, call me names, threaten me, talk about me behind my back, plot out your revenge, whatever.

This may be the last the world has ever heard of me, goodbye forever!

[link|http://games.speakeasy.net/data/files/khan.jpg|"Khan!!!" -Kirk]
New You *REALLY* don't get it, do you?
I simply don't believe you.

So why are you trying to pull the same BS?

Ben
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
New Knock It Off!
So you're not the center of the Universe! Fuck, I'M the center of the Universe! But, we're in the same city, so you're REAL CLOSE!

Hey, if you want to murder yourself, then do it. I dare you. Do it. Don't you dare take anyone with you though. Some people can handle pain and struggle on. Can you?

-drl
New goodbye dont forget to write (if ya can) ghostmail
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New Oh my, seems someone has completely used up . .
. . his social capital here. That's really not easy to do with a bunch of battle hardened Internet veterans such as are found here.

I suggest it's time for someone to sit down and think about this, and figure out just how he managed to do this all by himself - and not do it again.

That's right - he did it all by himself. Others tried to help him but they were betrayed.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Not quite solo -
IIRC he has had *LOTS* of AMA-certified, officially Pharm-Chem blessed, Govt. taxed chemicals - a slew of them IIRC, what: 5? 6? at a time. Add in the junk food and previous immune system damage..

Interactions? nahhhh. WTF is 5! factorial little 'mixture imbalances' anyway, in a modrin 3-minute HMO 'visit'; you can be sure that tyro MD spent at least one of the 3 to do the math. As in - OK yer fixed.. Next!

No.. I think he's had a fair amount of "help". Not that anyone could have interrupted this routine, or be silly enough to try from afar. And as with Ed Curry -- the perps won't even be ID'd. Capitalist Medicine\ufffd at work.

Luck then, Norm.. if you find self in the er 'bardos' -- stay away from any smoky-red lights, OK? Just relax, enjoy the show and don't worry about "here" at all. It was just a play, and you get to go home; no need to pick a new play til you want to.

(Oh and - I don't 'blame' you! After screwing with W2K and a Dell's unwillingness to install it from even a new HD: I can see what working with this crap can do to any sort of human mind; you were right, BTW -- Billy Is the incarnation of Evil and software is his vector for spreading it. Bet that all seems pretty silly about now?)

Candle lit, no hard felings

Ashton
New Umm . . . I thought the doctrine . .
. . of diminished capacity had been pretty much repealed. Don't see why that wouldn't apply equally to prescription drugs as to booze and "controlled substances". Well, as non-user of medication, perhaps I'm prejudiced.

Now, booze I've been known to indulge in (see evidence in this forum), but you have to pre-plan and stick to the plan - and accept full responsibility for the consequences.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Demur..
Postulate: it is possible, we see (or we damn well haven't been looking around, a lot) for a person to reach a state / stage in which the 'capacity' Is diminished. Yes yes, sometimes by a variant of aforementioned umm chain of lazy or ignorant choices.

But sometimes not. ie No One Knows the overall effects of the soup of noxious chemicals in our enviro thus in our organs = Everyone's; some accumulated from the days of leaching gold [What Else would we risk All to get, by any means?] with tons of metallic mercury (which has a pretty good vapor pressure even at STP) on through butadiene for rubber, chlorocarbons at Every 'dry cleaner' - long before anyone cared to match their carcinogenic qualities to dead Dry Cleaner workers. yada

Anyway - you can't look at a person and conclude that insouciant behaviour is Just willful irresponsibilty - well, marlowe could, of course, but then he's aberrant - like my Gramma. And from what has been posted re N's cute Pharm-Chem soups prescribed all along and even increased, at certain points: WTF here wants to judge that these episodes are entirely "responsible-self" inflicted ?? ie Blameworthy.

Whatever the drill, surely it's clear that psychobabble can both excuse and judge, thus panders a Lot in our culture's fav fucked pastime: Puritan-besotted Authoritative Judgment of others and their peculiar 'likes' (especially those.. if it's a Happy-producing Substance they Like). Hell, the major preoccupation of Pharm-Chem stainless-steel labs IS:

To try and take the Happy out of the pain-killers. By their own (occasionally honest) spokespeople: Murican MDs leave their indoctrination centers more woefully ignorant about 'pain management' *today* even - than in any civilized or uncivilized culture in the world. Till quite recently (allow for the time delay) there was NO course given to green-gowned wannabes, dealing with intelligent pain management! (I even heard this reiterated recently, past few weeks - in a lecture by a putatively credentialed white- coated Professional\ufffd)

Percodan and its now dozens of even more diluted clones.. The bogus-crap the US-AMA substitutes for honest heroin (unmatched by Any other ersatz pharm-chem) in our 'Brompton Cocktails' indicates the Puritan effect full blown. Ditto the brouhaha about fucking Terminal cancer patients and marijuana. Gosh.. what if the dying bastard might Like the stuff, er - get addicted (worse yet - really Enjoy it) Ashcroft could explain this neatly - of this I am as near-certain as it gets: it's God's Punishment for Sin; We Must bear It In Her Name Amen.

We're so self-fucked (in the area of human pain treatment) we ought to all be preggsie all the time! And what these outbursts are about - is pain. Psychic, however manifested in other phys. symptoms. (We don't know what a 'psyche' Is! - either. Add that to the humongous list of crap We Know Fershure / but It's False, just the same)

Cut him some (more) slack. All of us. (And remember it too, when Your next IIS-Server farm crumbles all-at-once on Your Employment Review day.. and drives you to a similar fate - you poor bastards)

Ashton
Response-ability in a stimulus-response mechanical environment; ya gotta Love It. So... then...
What's Dubya's excuse? Genetics? coke? innate dumbth? Greed while also being lousy at Bizness? Revenge for Prescott Bush + the Nazis?
New Not to belay the obvious but...
You are taking Norm's claims at face value.

I don't.

I believe that he is a manipulative attention-seeking asshole who is seriously challenged in the personal honesty department. And I see no reason to bother to make or accept excuses for his behaviour.

If he wishes to reform, I am always willing to let the past be past and bygones be bygones. But until his behaviour improves, my reaction won't.

Regards,
Ben
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
New You may be quite correct
- and stated succinctly too ;-)

But unless my radar has become seriously detuned or is oscillating in the tank circuit - I don't think these qualify for even a fool's idea of how to accompish hey look at me! (more than once), so - when does repetitive stupid action become recognized as proof of aberration and not premeditation?

This level of paranoia / simulation thereof? / either way - doesn't cut it as voluntary; especially since part-of-him Knows the audience level here, of intolerance of patent-BS. "Take his claims at face value" ??! his 'discriminator' is fucking Broken! By definition. D'Oh..

You're sure. I'm not. I choose to err on the side of Christian Charity\ufffd; even if a lot of Xians give that a bad name, good idea.
(And it isn't even theirs. Why that's almost Microsoftian, as I think about it)

(At least this One More Time, that is ;-) then it's Wolf Wolf zzzzzz
New I think that your radar is off
Have you ever run across the Usenet phenonena of [link|http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/troll.html|trolling]?

Same principle. And Norm's success in getting repeated attention is proof enough that his technique is effective, no matter how blatantly stupid it may appear.

Cheers,
Ben
New Re: Not to belay the obvious but...
Technically, the term is "narcissism". I am so adamant about the blind application of anti-depressants because actual depression is rare.
-drl
New Re: Not to belay the obvious but...
Could be.

I will say I went numb a bit in my left two fingers in my left hand and (after he'd heard some other stuff) my doctor almost burst my eardrum telling me to go to the emergency room. I said (or I don't think I did) one word here.
New Bollocks.
Grow up.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New ob LRPD
"It's all fun and games until someone loses a lung."
New Norm...
I had a hard time with this...

I have investment...

I have a ton of reference on this type of thing, as I have gone through similar if not exact problems...

Please stop assuming we don't like you, it's your actions... not you...

Your actions have made your life miserable... Your actions have betrayed you...

Please stop your self infliction of problems...

I for one, will help you in anyway needed EXCEPT to propagate this behaviour...

Sorry, I have run out of sympathy... only moral support left... which has an unending supply. If you need/want it, it is there.

greg - Grand-Master Artist in IT,
curley95@attbi.com -- [link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!]

Your friendly Homeland Security Officer reminds:
Hold Thumbprint to Screen for 5 seconds, we'll take the imprint, or
Just continue to type on your keyboard, and we'll just sample your DNA.
New What the fuck are you talking about???
The Über-Whiner:
I apparently cannot meet your high standards that you have of me and I keep breaking unwritten rules.
What the fucking FUCK are you gibbering about?!?

I've tried, lord knows how hard I've tried and I got no slack.
Who the fuck *hasn't* given you "slack"???

I know for a fact *I* have put up with ten times as much inane whining (like the above) from you as I've ever had to with anyone else. What the fuck more do you want?!?

Moderate me all you want, censor me,
This must be the Grey Aliens you're talking about, right?

'Coz nobody from *this* planet -- certainly nobody on *this* forum -- has done anything of the kind.

You're listening to the wrong Voices -- please adjust your reception.

call me names, threaten me, talk about me behind my back, plot out your revenge, whatever.
Well, yeah, I suppose there's some of that going on. For instance, I've certainly called you a shithead when I thought you were being one. But... WTF is wrong with that? Isn't that (the least of) what one is *supposed* to get, when one does that? (And it's not as if I did that to you *alone*... Whom *wouldn't* I treat that way?)

And, yes, when you've been at your worst, I'm sure I've said to others, "Wow, Norm seems to be at his worst" (or words to that effect) -- "talking about you behind your back", if you will. But who the heck *doesn't* that happen to??? It's intrinsic in the human condition; not some special torture saved for you only. [Are you trying to claim that you've never talked about *me*, when I wasn't around? No... And you don't see me whining about *that*, do you?]

As for "threaten[ing]" you, or "plot[ting] out [our] revenge", that's pure delusion... For one thing, you're just not fucking *important* enough in anybody's life -- except your own -- for anyone to go to the BOTHER of "plotting" their "revenge" on you... Except for *you*, yourself -- and AFAICS, you're doing a pretty good job of it. Maybe YOU should stop beating yourself up? (And BTW, "revenge" for WHAT, exactly? Do you think you're able to DO anything to me, that it'd be worth my while to try to "avenge"? If you think so, you sure haven't gotten around to *doing* it yet, AFAIK...)

And the worst "threat" I can come up with... Well, that would have to be, telling you that you're doomed to remain Norman King for the rest of your life.

It's up to you to make that a PROMISE in stead of a threat.

This may be the last the world has ever heard of me, goodbye forever!
Oh, grow the fuck up, and STOP THAT WHINING!!!
   Christian R. Conrad
Microsoft is a true reflection of Bill Gates' personality - the sleaziest, most unethical, ugliest little rat's ass the world has seen unto this time.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=42971|Andrew Grygus]
New I don't think this is the Point.
Canaries. That, I believe is the Point.

You live in a relatively sane environment, maybe even near the top for minimal daily idiocy (?) While you are remarkably (OK astoundingly) ept at grokking the nuances from afar - of This decaying, religiosity-besotted adolescent kultur: you don't Live In It 24/7.

Norm is, it very much seems: an outlier. We owe such persons not merely sympathy but gratitude: they are indicating the swamp-gas in the mine First. Ours is a pathological society; that which we call 'capitalism' (and so love to boast about Our mastery of its religious tenets of individual greed \ufffdber alles) is so deeply inculcated in the little cheeldrun that:

4 yos will today Scream if the Logo on their overpriced baggy-pants is Not What Everybody Else in Class\ufffd is wearing. 10 yo girls shall pierce navels, demand underwear from Victoria's Secret, attend carefully dumbed down 'non-sex' edjaKayshun classes (the precis having been dictated by a Son or Daughter of a local John Ashcroft wannabe, in lots of places), while later sneaking into the john to apply lipstick and pull the trowsers down just a bit lower. [Now this is all pre-orgasmic; wait for the reports later]

Meanwhile.. we have invented a whole generation of tads needing daily 'medication' (Gawd how we love our euphemisms for mind-altering Drugs). We call that ADD / Attention Deficit Disorder. (We have some Drugs for people who are uneasy at parties, too - I've seen those ads on the Tee Vee). [these are a Tiny sample, you understand]

These contrary-messages [Sex == dirty. Sex == sells. = even Me.] take their toll; the sanctimonious Righteousness intensifies the toll - the trillions of OTC drug-doses pushed in every place from a Drug Store to a supermarket - indicates just what the level of psychosomatic 'illness' IS (and the hypocrisy as goes with a War on Drugs\ufffd) Here.

You'd have to experience it to Believe it. Even you. So as I said: canaries. Walk a mile in moccasins yada. We can't know WTF is going on in folks who are less-inured, maybe simply less capable of eating so much daily shit (?) while flying on autopilot.. as if everything were 'Normal' out there (and inside).

Hey.. at the higher levels I submit to you, smply: Dubya. Many folks imagine him to be quite Normal. What does that tell you about the average, the norm and any concept of 'health' ?

(Futher hint - the humongous number [as %-pop] of dabblers in the 'mental health' game/profession here. Every Single One I've ever known or questioned to any extent: Got There as stimulus/response to Their early-on or late-on personal 'episode' of some cockamamie kind! Every One. So far..)

zIWE is no more a stat. valid sample of average Murican thought, daily madness than.. Den Lille Havfrue is 'like an average Dane'.

Ashton
Murican Disneyland Culture creates lots of sick people!
(Is that brief enough?)
New *sigh*
Again?

Some facts:

1. The people here CARE about you. Yes, it's a fact.

2. YOU'VE done some pretty shitty things, especially in light of fact #1.

3. YOU ALONE are responsible for your actions.

4. The people here have gone far beyond the call to offer you help, advice, grace, forgiveness and the opportunity to vent.

5. There is no 'standard' of which you need to meet, but you do need to understand very simple social rules of interaction. Natch, you need to learn them. This is a basic life skill you need anywhere, not just here.

6. You are very selfish. Suicide is the single most selfish act a person can do.

You need to get your shit together. Period. Noone but you can do this. Talk to your pastor, get yourself into some counseling. Drugs are not your answer, learning how to live is.
-----
Steve
New WTF Set that off?
I must be dense or I'm not reading enough of the forums.

Knock it off. In your life you get one cavalry call. You used that one.

Second round is on you.
I am out of the country for the duration of the Bush administration.
Please leave a message and I'll get back to you when democracy returns.
     Sorry this is not working out - (orion) - (19)
         You *REALLY* don't get it, do you? - (ben_tilly)
         Knock It Off! - (deSitter)
         goodbye dont forget to write (if ya can) ghostmail -NT - (boxley)
         Oh my, seems someone has completely used up . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
             Not quite solo - - (Ashton) - (7)
                 Umm . . . I thought the doctrine . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                     Demur.. - (Ashton) - (5)
                         Not to belay the obvious but... - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                             You may be quite correct - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 I think that your radar is off - (ben_tilly)
                             Re: Not to belay the obvious but... - (deSitter)
                             Re: Not to belay the obvious but... - (wharris2)
         Bollocks. - (pwhysall)
         ob LRPD - (hnick)
         Norm... - (folkert)
         What the fuck are you talking about??? - (CRConrad) - (1)
             I don't think this is the Point. - (Ashton)
         *sigh* - (Steve Lowe)
         WTF Set that off? - (tuberculosis)

And suddenly it occurred to me where these guys had learned their tactics. They'd seen Beau Geste, and were copying the Foreign Legionaires at Fort Zinderneuf.
74 ms