I read everyone's advice. Good stuff. And I'll still add my comments.

I was in the Army (active duty) during Nam. On standby for insertion during the 1973 Israeli war. Worried about being activated from the Army Reserve for the Gulf war.

I've been married, divorced, remarried. Current wife fell while doing working in our garden, and now is in a wheel chair because she can't move her leg and the doctors cannot determine why.

I've worked for good bosses, bad bosses and I've been the boss.

So what do you do?

Take pride in your work no matter how insignificant it may be. Just because everyone else thinks the job/company/boss is worthless, do your best because it's your job.

Realize that you cannot change the world overnight. Let others worry about Isreal, South America, Minnesota, and the other half of your city. Become involved in a local community group or neighborhood watch. There you can have an impact.

Take joy in your family. Realize that no matter how bad the rest of the world is/becomes, there will always be someone there who thinks that the world revolves around you. Don't neglect the home life. Take a walk, mini vacation, something unexpected to please your family. It'll be appreciated and you will feel "better" because you've pleased someone else.

Lastly, volunteer for something. I am a volunteer instructor for the Red Cross. I teach CPR/First Aid. I get great personal satisfaction from knowing the I may have help save someone's life. And it becomes real when one of my students comes back to tell me that they had to use the skills that I taught them. I know the Red Cross is always looking for volunteers. Choose something that is NOT related to your daily job. You should have something that is different. (YMMV).

You are doing the right thing by "talking" about your feelings. I've maintained my sanity (open to debate!) by allowing others to help me carry the load. Talking and listening. Don't have to accept their advice. Most times just the act of admitting you have a concern/problem and telling someone will ease the strain.

Good luck.