IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 500+ W2K users
Those sound like great tools. We, of course, don't get to use them because that would infringe on the role of the antivirus administrator. I will see if he has these and explain to him what they can do.

The problem however is that the server these endusers are looking for no longer exists with the name as recorded on the endusers system. Domain names got changed to reflect our new company name. This broke things quite nicely for many of us in many areas.
"A civilian gang of thieving lobbyists for the military industrial complex is running the White House. If to be against them is considered unpatriotic -- Hell, then call me a traitor."
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New At some point...
...you are going to have to violate some security policy (given the set of constraints that you've posted)...so someone in Security (or the AV guy) is gonna have to deal with a little infringement.

You need to remotely access 500 machines...or manual touch 500 machines and you need to do it with admin rights or the remote software available from the antivirus vendor.

There's not alot of other options...except leave them all broke and get whacked by the next virus to come along.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New About what I thought.
Our security policies are a hell of a mess.
"A civilian gang of thieving lobbyists for the military industrial complex is running the White House. If to be against them is considered unpatriotic -- Hell, then call me a traitor."
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New Find someone in Security to help.
Often, those guys are allowed to break security policy for various reasons. I know - I used to be one of them! :-)

You also need someone else with some power to agree that the current anti-virus administrator is a) probably the wrong person or b) doesn't have the access or authority or knowledge to do their job properly.

Fixing security policies is a long and slow task, especially when you're not in security. Best not fight that one now.

Wade.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

New sneakernet :(
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
     You out there Peter? (or other win gurus) - (Silverlock) - (10)
         Remote admin tools? PC Anywhere? -NT - (bepatient) - (3)
             Use VNC - (orion)
             None I can use. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 Ah yes, the PHBs foiling all the serious stuff - (orion)
         How many users? - (pwhysall) - (5)
             500+ W2K users - (Silverlock) - (4)
                 At some point... - (bepatient) - (2)
                     About what I thought. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         Find someone in Security to help. - (static)
                 sneakernet :( -NT - (boxley)

Kilroy was here.
46 ms