IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And by the way..
..helpfulness is based in a desire to see people succeed and prosper, not in "reciprocity" or whatever other binary structure you want to put into the place of feelings.
-drl
New You don't understand responsibility
It is always easy to spend other people's
money. It is easy on the ego too. Look
at me, I'm helpful. Wheeee.

What is difficult is to restrain that urge,
and do what you are paid to do.
New Oh that's rich!
I am paid to make computers work FOR HUMAN BEINGS. That necessarily involves being helpful, because most of them have their feelings intact, and sometimes need reassurance and guidance in how to use them - you see, they somehow got the idea that people who make computers dance are smarter and better than they are, and they feel intimidated. It may be that GEEKS have gone out of their way to make things hard for them, because these GEEKS don't have THEIR feelings intact, and so go out of their way to piss on "lusers" who do out of hostility.

Yes, I've had people who came back time and time again. So I showed them, time and time again. I think they wanted me back because I listened to them - they really knew how to do it, but they also knew I would listen.

You never seem to factor feelings into the picture. That's too messy. That's not binary.
-drl
New Hey. you mean they PAY you?
You don't do it out of the goodness of
your heart? I'm so sad. I thought you
did it out of a tendancy toward human kindness.
New Imagine!

-drl
New Also..
Who the fuck are YOU to lecture me about responsibility? You work in your family business. You can't fail. Like I told the Legend - get a day job.

-drl
New Huh?
No family business.

I used to work with my brother, who had
no ownership. He no longer works here.

No companies in my family.

Can't fail?

I could be fired tomorrow, with NO
recourse. Just stop producing.

And start pretending the company's
money is mine to waste as I please.
New My bad
-drl
     Use LVM? - (broomberg) - (45)
         Reason they never applied the patches... - (folkert) - (1)
             Oh, they KNOW what they are doing - (broomberg)
         Ultimately, code and licensing are what count - (rickmoen) - (42)
             Wow, a legend - (broomberg) - (41)
                 tight burrows and squeeking - (boxley) - (23)
                     Translation please? -NT - (broomberg) - (22)
                         If you got the source its your to do what you please - (boxley) - (21)
                             Sorry - (broomberg) - (20)
                                 not an interview but not even a call for an interview - (boxley)
                                 Re: Sorry - (deSitter) - (18)
                                     You are reading that differently than I do - (ben_tilly) - (17)
                                         Re: You are reading that differently than I do - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             naw barry's cool, he will grunt out a position - (boxley)
                                         Wow, I NEEDED to reread that link - (broomberg) - (14)
                                             perhaps your co-worker had acheived go-nogo - (boxley)
                                             Re: Wow, I NEEDED to reread that link - (deSitter) - (12)
                                                 Helpfulness? - (broomberg) - (11)
                                                     As I said - (deSitter)
                                                     As I said - (deSitter)
                                                     headcount headcount headcount - (boxley)
                                                     And by the way.. - (deSitter) - (7)
                                                         You don't understand responsibility - (broomberg) - (6)
                                                             Oh that's rich! - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                                 Hey. you mean they PAY you? - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                                     Imagine! - (deSitter)
                                                             Also.. - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                                 Huh? - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                                     My bad -NT - (deSitter)
                 Oooh! Lookee Mommy, a legend! (right) - (deSitter) - (16)
                     When did you get all reasonable? - (drewk) - (1)
                         Re: When did you get all reasonable? - (deSitter)
                     Sorry, I usually agreed with him - (broomberg) - (13)
                         You would have missed it - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                             Eh? I though UnixMonster was referring to this thread... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 That moniker is no more - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     Just pulling your chain a little. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 Ah... - (ben_tilly)
                             Re: You would have missed it - (deSitter)
                         Re: Sorry, I usually agreed with him - (deSitter) - (6)
                             thats not unix culture! unix culture is box goes into the - (boxley) - (4)
                                 Oi! - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     paper msce then -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Haha. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             based on having one as a project manager - (boxley)
                             Good grief. - (pwhysall)

If I'm going to visit an exotic foreign land with L. Ron Hubbard or Jim Jones, I'll opt for the Scientology tour.
75 ms