IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: DRM and Apple
As an avid Mac user, I don't have any complaints with how Apple is handling DRM - so far. The example given above seems reasonable and allows for at least some flexibility. However, I'm not sure that Apple will have the clout to be dealt into the bigger game that is approaching.

I keep reading articles like [link|http://www.theregus.com/content/6/26528.html|this one] at The Register (where else?) that speak of Windows Media Player-only schemes. I am less worried about Apple driving their own DRM as I am about WMP-only formats. The day iTunes no longer functions properly will be a sad day indeed.
"With the bravery of being out of range." - Roger Waters

Cliff
New OT: Isn't the Register US supposed to be US-specific stuff?
The financials are as follows. You register with your name and email at Digitaldownloadday.com and you're then sent a form of voucher, or as OD2 puts it a new form of music "currency" worth \ufffd5. Non-UK readers should note it's intended to be a UK-only offer. You can spend that currency by streaming one of 100,000 tracks for 1p, downloading one for 10p, or burning one to CD for \ufffd1.

*shrug* I still read the UK version anyway... I just find this odd, since the stated charter of theregus.com is stuff that pertains to the US...
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New I guess that's my question

What are good ways to encourage this more reasonable approach to DRM?

Certainly writing your Congressperson is one....

Tom Sinclair

"Everybody is someone else's weirdo."
- E. Dijkstra
     DRM and Apple - (tjsinclair) - (3)
         Re: DRM and Apple - (snork) - (2)
             OT: Isn't the Register US supposed to be US-specific stuff? - (admin)
             I guess that's my question - (tjsinclair)

Bork bork bork!
43 ms