Took some out-of-town friends to Fry's Electronics last night and saw a stack of the Limited Edition boxes of [link|http://www.robotechgame.com/|Robotech Battlecry] for the PS2. I'm a fan of Robotech(it introduced me to anime) so I picked it up. The limited edition includes the game, soundtrack CD, lenticular art(one of those "moving pictures"), original concept art, RDF dog tags numberd(mine's 03790) and a T-Shirt.

This is the 2nd game I've picked up for the PS2 that supports 480p, which provides a progressive signal that looks great on my HDTV. The first being SOCOM, which I picked up this past weekend after finally getting my hands on a NIC. Based on how long it took to get the NIC, I suspect the PS2's online support is going to do extremely well.

Since I got home late, I've only played the training missions and the very first mission, Boobytrap. Robotech fans will recognize this as the title of the first episode. Gameplay's pretty fun. Controls seem fine, though I've not logged enough time to play very well yet.

One thing that surprised me was the dialog, they got the original voice actors to reprise their rolls. So far I've heard Lisa Hayes(Melanie MacQueen) and Roy Fokker(Dan Woren). Other voice actors listed in the credits are Cam Clarke(Max Sterling), Rebecca Forstadt(Lynn Minmei), Melora Harte(Musica), Steve Kramer(Angelo Dante), and Tony Oliver(Rick Hunter). There's a video interview with Dan Woren. The selection screen for the interview looked "empty", so I suspect more interviews can be unlocked.