IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New LRPDisms?
ROFLMAO!

"Powered by sporks."

"Hatten ar din, hatten ar din. Hatten ar din, hatt baby!" - Whatever the hell does that mean?

Taking suggestions?

I like: "We came, we saw, they sucked; so we built our own. zIWETHEY."

How about best suggestion gets their own LRPD plush toy?

[ If you're confused, look at the very bottom of the page. I spent way too much time clicking about just to find new ones. ]

I'm not as funny as I think I am.
New I spotted them, too.
So far, attempts to engage Scott in conversation about them have proven difficult...

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Don, you don't frequent Iwt-Interactive, do you?
Many (most?) of those are lines someone's said in there; they were even funnier in context, of course, but have since acquired a life of their own (many in the form of "emotes", built-in shorthand commands that throw an entire line at someone). Others are from Iwt-EzBug, and others I don't know where they're from (possibly just because I missed their birth on Iwt-Interactive).

I dunno where the whole spork thing is from, but it seems to be a fixation of Scott's -- he often arrives at II to the tune of "Your Spork God[TM] is here!".

To explain the ones I *do* know, though (because I was there when they were born, or was instrumental in creating them):

"Hatten är din" is Swedish and means "The hat is yours". Yes, really! :-) This is from an animation based on a video of a Turkish folk music group, with added text and effects -- the text being written down from their song *in Swedish, as if* that were what they're singing in -- even though it actually *is* Turkish they're mouthing. (I linked to it in a post on Iwt-EzBug "Oh, Pun" this spring or winter, IIRC.) In short, I haven't the faintest what they actually *are* singing, what it means in Turkish, but whoever added the Swedish text and put it up on the Web was right: It sure *sounds* exactly as if they were singing "Hatten är din" and so on -- it gets even more nonsensical after that...

The "Cococabanana Blaps" is Peter's II suggestion of a name for a dessert dish I invented the other week (though I don't know where the "not just for breakfast" bit came from). Sure beats "Turds in Sewage", which is the best I'd come up with on my own... :-) You can read the recipe in "Reviews", next door from here, in a thread started by Peter and with participation from me and "Yendor"-Mike.

I just noticed a "More aluminum[sic]-magnesium batons than you can shake a leg at" thingy, too. That's also from Iwt-Interactive, where it's been made into a couple of "stylewhack" emotes to embellish the old "whack" emote that has you whacking the victim with a plain old metal baton. It's actually a (corruption of) a line I made up there a week or so ago, based on the "whack" emote but with bits of description of a mobile telephone from Nokia's Asia-Pacific Web site thrown in... I'd been talking hand-helds and trading URLs with Peter.

OK, those are just three out of a myriad -- but now you can imagine the similarly whimsical circumstances all the rest must have came from, I hope.

I like your "We came, we saw, they sucked; so we built our own. zIWETHEY." suggestion, too... Possibly with one reservation: That last "we" may be claiming a bit more credit than all the rest of us deserve -- actually, it was _just Scott_ that "built our own".

(Oh yeah, one more thing, to try to tone down the hubris no doubt percieved in my .sig: That's from Iwt-Interactive, too -- and it weren't *me* wot made it up! I picked it up from Addison, and later it was "improved" by Karsten.)
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Oh yeah, I forgot:
The "'ow do you know 'e's a king?" and "build a large badger" lines are from a Monty Python film.
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New One there's one for the real early adopters...
Firstly, Scott added another half-dozen or so from Monty Python.

Secondly, there's an LRPDism that's been around a while due to [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/showContent?contentid=17&threadid=5&forumid=1|this] post. :-) Scott has, as he said, "got me"!

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Fixed link:
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=17|http://z.iwethey.org...show?contentid=17]
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New On Sporks
the original page appears to be lost on the web. A ripoff of the original website is paraphrased here
[link|http://trommetter.faithweb.com/current/falwell.htm|http://trommetter.fa...rrent/falwell.htm]
the original was better with color photographs of a small church in texas? with some rather macarbe looking parishioners.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
\ufffdOmni Gaul Delenda est!\ufffd Ceasar
New Trouble with a capital T, rhymes with P
And that stands for POOL!
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New AI & JLC
I suspect that Scott has lifted the Jerry Lee Cooper Artificial Intelligence engine and the bot has control of the board. :-)
New Am loving the LRPDisms...
...and if yer not pronouncing them 'Lerpadisms', then, uh, you should be :)
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
     LRPDisms? - (dpeterson) - (9)
         I spotted them, too. - (static)
         Don, you don't frequent Iwt-Interactive, do you? - (CRConrad) - (5)
             Oh yeah, I forgot: - (CRConrad)
             One there's one for the real early adopters... - (static) - (1)
                 Fixed link: - (admin)
             On Sporks - (boxley) - (1)
                 Trouble with a capital T, rhymes with P - (admin)
         AI & JLC - (CrisR)
         Am loving the LRPDisms... - (Meerkat)

Please print clearly.
165 ms