IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New and here I am from the Nazarenes
offshoot of the Pentecostals offshoot of the Wesleyans ... oh what the hell. Splinter sect from somewhere.
The lawyers would mostly rather be what they are than get out of the way even if the cost was Hammerfall. - Jerry Pournelle
New Re: and here I am from the Nazarenes
If my parents told me right, the Nazarene's are split off of the Methodist church.

True to the Methodists, at least ones I know from Perkins Theological Seminary (an institution that severely needs to be reformed), the Methodist church about 1900 decided that the virgin Mary didn't necessarily "have" to be a virgin, even though the Bible clearly documents the virgin birth.

The conservative Methodists were upset with this interpretation of scripture (as they should have been), and split off to become the Nazarenes.

I'm relatively certain of this history, because my mother's grandfather was a Nazarene pastor in the 1910's and 1920's.

Now for the SMU/Perkins part. How would you like to attend a seminary to become a paster with multiple known homosexual paster/teachers (who actively involve in campaigns to discredit the accuracy of the Bible) and with your OT studies instructor being a devout Jew who tried to convert you back to Judaism? Tough place. At SMU, where Perkins is located, they even have a homosexual cheerleading squad. At a church school? I could see this at the University of Texas, or Southwest Texas State University ( a Texas party school ).

BTW, the insanely liberal theology of the pastors from Perkins (located in Dallas/Ft. Worth, where I live), is precisely the reason I'm now a Southern Baptist.

New Re: and here I am from the Nazarenes
[link|http://www.nazarene.org/archives/history/turning_point.html|Nazarene Church History]

It doesn't discuss the "politics" of how these independent churches were formed (which is usually the good part), just that the Nazarene church was formed from a merger of a bunch of splits of other churches.

Glen Austin
New LMAO
which no good nazarene would ever do, of course.

(wipes eyes) I'm still laughing.

Thanks for the link. :=)
     Lincoln Quote - (deSitter) - (10)
         Also, not often noted in 'histories' - (Ashton) - (9)
             Even more controversial... - (gdaustin) - (2)
                 Lincoln gave up the "return" idea . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Migawd.. saved by a ____CPA___??__!! -NT - (Ashton)
             No, no, NO - (cwbrenn) - (5)
                 Re: No, no, NO..__ not even Maybe? - (Ashton)
                 and here I am from the Nazarenes - (wharris2) - (3)
                     Re: and here I am from the Nazarenes - (gdaustin)
                     Re: and here I am from the Nazarenes - (gdaustin) - (1)
                         LMAO - (wharris2)