IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Nope
It would be funny if changing the base mail system for a worldwide corp was easier than staying with the same one. Honestly the project I worked on was as complex a mail system as I've ever seen, with special servers that did nothing but replication, some of which were on what passes as a network in Chile, Bolivia, etc.

Again I'll state that the Outlook client could be controlled, in the sense of what the user sees and can do, from the Exchange server, and we never needed to touch a client. Now if that's not how you are set up, I don't know what to say other than your mailmen are sleeping. Even something as bloated and grungy as Exchange is not completely crazy, which it would be if you were forced to touch all the clients, for any reason.
-drl
New ZZZZzzzzzzzz
I guess they must be sleeping. We will indeed have to touch every client (or have the users do it).
"A civilian gang of thieving lobbyists for the military industrial complex is running the White House. If to be against them is considered unpatriotic -- Hell, then call me a traitor."
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New Then Install SMS
-drl
New Don't be silly.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New It's on its way, but for other reasons.
"A civilian gang of thieving lobbyists for the military industrial complex is running the White House. If to be against them is considered unpatriotic -- Hell, then call me a traitor."
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New My Condolences
Just kidding. SMS can work well provided you roll enough bones and sacrifice the occasional fatted calf.
-drl
New I know, I've warned our networking staff
You need to plan for sms even more intensively than for Active Directory (IMHO).
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New OT
Where did you get that nifty HST quote?
-drl
New He did an interview with an OZ paper
I picked up the quote itself at Bartcop.com. A little later, Ashton was kind enough to provide the link to the interview, [link|http://www.abc.net.au/rn/talks/8.30/mediarpt/stories/s659555.htm|link].
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New Thanks, good to see HST is as bilious as ever
-drl
New Oz Radio Station, actually.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

New Whoopsie
If I read it on the net it's a paper. I know that's anachronistic but hell, I saw words printed out. I'm used to calling that experience "reading" and the source of those words gets called a "paper" no matter how far from newsprint is the original. I have a few habits I find it not worth the effort to break.
-- Hunter S. Thompson
New Not a problem.
I actually heard it broadcast :-) but it was so good I found the transcript on their web site and posted a link. (It was a program I often listen to, and they always promote their web transcript so I knew it was there.)

Wade.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

Windows scripting tools? - (Silverlock) - (28)
         Cygwin: regtool - (kmself)
         I haven't played with this... - (static) - (2)
             I've played with Kixtart - (tjsinclair) - (1)
                 Seconded. - (pwhysall)
         Re: Windows scripting tools? - (deSitter) - (22)
             Not applicable - (Silverlock) - (21)
                 Re: Not applicable - (deSitter) - (15)
                     Nope - (Silverlock) - (14)
                         Re: Nope - (deSitter) - (12)
                             ZZZZzzzzzzzz - (Silverlock) - (11)
                                 Then Install SMS -NT - (deSitter) - (10)
                                     Don't be silly. -NT - (pwhysall)
                                     It's on its way, but for other reasons. -NT - (Silverlock) - (8)
                                         My Condolences - (deSitter) - (7)
                                             I know, I've warned our networking staff - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                                 OT - (deSitter) - (5)
                                                     He did an interview with an OZ paper - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                                         Thanks, good to see HST is as bilious as ever -NT - (deSitter)
                                                         Oz Radio Station, actually. -NT - (static) - (2)
                                                             Whoopsie - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                 Not a problem. - (static)
                         You Know.. - (deSitter)
                 Group Policy - (pwhysall) - (4)
                     No AD - (Silverlock) - (3)
                         Re: No AD - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             email on it's way -NT - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                 Response en route -NT - (pwhysall)
         And of course... - (ben_tilly)

"No question," Trudeau said confidently, "it was definitely out my butt."
143 ms