IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wince
we have an extensive API of our own for manipulating the application data and building our web-based pages. Apparantly he had never see this done before... :-/

Recipe for disaster, IMO, but then what do I know? (the only thing I know is how much I don't know. :=( :=)
The lawyers would mostly rather be what they are than get out of the way even if the cost was Hammerfall. - Jerry Pournelle
New Which way?
The use of our own API, or that he seemed not to have seen this before?

Wade.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

New Re: Which way?
The idea that the concept of an API would be foreign to anyone doing any sort of programming during the past ten or fifteen years.

Home-built API's, or libraries, or whatever your terminology is - well, you want to avoid duplicating someone else's work, but there's frequently room for your own layers. Curses is a standard Unix terminal library, but I'm not sure I'd want to use the bare-bones library.
New Yes, that's what I thought you meant. :-)
I remember writing against the Zortech Display library - a text-mode interface for writing to the screen for DOS programs. I quickly added an extra layer to make it easier to work with (ah... abstraction). And in one project I added another layer to give me some rudimentary overlapping windows. :-)

Wade

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

The rise and fall of job openings - (ben_tilly) - (16)
         Easy stuff maintenance mode - (boxley)
         Wow! - (deSitter)
         Java was "hot" - (broomberg) - (12)
             What an opening - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                 Don't forget... - (admin) - (4)
                     Yes but C++ encourages open source! - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         Re: Yes but C++ encourages open source! - (deSitter) - (1)
                             long been that way - (boxley)
                     That's Hideous -NT - (deSitter)
             Java was "hot" (add outsourcing?) - (wharris2) - (5)
                 Interesting comments. - (static) - (4)
                     Wince - (wharris2) - (3)
                         Which way? - (static) - (2)
                             Re: Which way? - (wharris2) - (1)
                                 Yes, that's what I thought you meant. :-) - (static)
         Intersting graph... - (Simon_Jester)

Do you know where your towel is?
81 ms