IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Any luck?
Got eCS installed on my (all-SCSI) desktop by making modifiable diskettes from CD1, entering "basedev.aic7870.add" into config.x and copying that driver onto the diskette. Rebooting after phase 1 hung the system, until I added that same line to config.sys. Then things went along as advertised.

For my 16MB ram laptop I made diskettes from CD2 and installed much like the Warp4 installation. Following that I ran convert.exe and now have a eCS desktop there also.

So -- Yes, finally, I seem to have some luck installing eCS. Now I will just play with it a while, and decide whether or not it is an advance over Warp4 w/FP15.

Thanks for your interest and help.
Clyde Stauffer
New Good - I'm still working on my thinkpad
Kim Cheung is having me try various things, but no luck yet. I've copied the contents of the CD to a temp partition(D:) on my drive, renamed the "playintroduction.cmd" file to "donotplay.cmd" and install from the hard drive(boot the CD but change the 3 install settings from S: to D:). Nothing locks up, but the system doesn't let me start the install. I get to the screen where I can select which video driver to install, but the memory amounts for base and multimedia show XXX MB and the NEXT button isn't enabled.

I see in the [link|news://news.ecomstation.nl/ecomstation.support.install|eCS Install Support] newsgroup that he's posted something else for me to try tonight when I get home.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

Another eCS install problem - (cestauffer) - (10)
         Tried creating boot floppies? - (SpiceWare) - (9)
             Re: Tried creating boot floppies? - (cestauffer) - (8)
                 Forgot an important item! - (SpiceWare) - (7)
                     Re: Forgot an important item! - (cestauffer) - (6)
                         Did you enable USB? - (SpiceWare) - (5)
                             Re: Did you enable USB? - (cestauffer) - (4)
                                 There are 2 sets of "boot floppies" - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                                     Any luck? -NT - (SpiceWare) - (2)
                                         Re: Any luck? - (cestauffer) - (1)
                                             Good - I'm still working on my thinkpad - (SpiceWare)

I love RedBrick, it's the only database I've met than can consistently give different results for
Select count(*) from table
versus
select count(*) from table where 1=1
40 ms