IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yabut....
"rememdy" notwithstanding (which to me is just a nice way of saying "sentancing".. "this is your punishment for being bad") they've still been convicted.

If I was convicted of murder, I don't think they'd let me out of jail while they lawyers were discussing "remedies" and my lawyer(s) was appealing the case. Not with just a "we'll be watching you, so don't kill anyone else while we discuss what to do to you".
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Civil vs. Criminal.
MS was tried for "civil" violations of the law, not "criminal". MS's officers weren't in danger of going to jail, large fines, etc. In civil cases, different rules apply.

[link|http://www.rbs2.com/cc.htm|This] site summarizes the differences between civil and criminal trials. It seems pretty good, but IANAL.

Cheers,
Scott.
New It's different
What are you going to have Microsoft doing? The "sentence" was thrown out for now; without knowing what the remedy is, you can't do anything to Microsoft.

With criminals, you can lock them up and (if needed) have them serve their time until the *length* of the sentence is determined. There's no doubt about the penalty, the only question is how long.
French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
     OK, maybe a simple question....but... - (Fearless Freep) - (8)
         For one thing... - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             Yabut.... - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                 Civil vs. Criminal. - (Another Scott)
                 It's different - (wharris2)
         Misconception. - (addison) - (1)
             Or maybe not injuncitons. - (Andrew Grygus)
         wasnt the original trial vs win 95? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             First one never went to trial - (wharris2)

Egged on by rogue sentient trees, some of them do wish it.
178 ms