IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Analysts claim MS expensing stock options won't hurt them ..

This is worth a look at

[link|http://www.quicken.com/investments/news/tst/notemplates/frame.dcg?symbol=SEBL&ntlink=http://www.thestreet.com/_intuit/markets/marketfeatures/10035698.html|Quicken on MS expensing stock options]

Doug M
New Right.
Revenues of 28 Billion, Market Cap of 400 Billion, what's 2 billion? Chump change. Buying/owning MSFT has nothing to do with reality anyway.
New Mmm hmm.
I couldn't get past this:
"Clearly it's going to have an impact on their earnings," said Erik Gustafson, a senior portfolio manager at Stein Roe, which owns Microsoft shares. But Gustafson said he's more impressed with Microsoft's dominance in the desktop operating system market, innovations, cash position and the fact that it is "run by one of the smartest guys in the world. The option calculus doesn't really impact our decision there," he added.

There's a credible opinion. Obvious intangibles evaluated by an unbiased portfolio manager. You can almost see the puppet strings moving...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New I noticed that remark about "innovations"
I wonder how you track that in your debt/equity ratio?

I used to work in the loop in Chicago and mixed with the traders from the various exchanges at a couple of the local watering holes. We non-traders all agreed, every trader/analyst we knew was on crack.
Re-elect Gore in 2004
     Analysts claim MS expensing stock options won't hurt them .. - (dmarker2) - (3)
         Right. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Mmm hmm. - (imric) - (1)
                 I noticed that remark about "innovations" - (Silverlock)

I suspect that this sword is forged.
46 ms