He did draw blood by biting or scratching. My wife and I have had scars on our faces from the scratches, but they go away after a while. Sometimes he acts like a wild animal. Sometimes we spank him, other times we just hold him until he calms down.

You are right about the stove, they see it and want to touch the hot stove, and you have to smack their hand before it touches the stove and burns them. We had to do the same thing for when he went to tease the dog. The dog was getting old, and deicded to snap back at him. My mother's dog bit him once, and our dog almost did a few times. Both dogs are dead now, got too old, got sick, and had to be put to sleep. Also couldn't risk them being around my son, who liked to tease them. Younger dogs may have been better, they have more tolerance. Being in the hospital for a few days with an IV in his arm didn't teach my 3 year old son anything. Both my wife and I had to take off of work to watch after him in the hospital because he liked to wander off and the nurses couldn't be there all the time to monitor him. My employer didn't like that I took off for that. My wife and I took turns watching him. We had to wait for test results, rabies, and other stuff. Three year olds don't have the immune system that adults have, and a dog bite can be serious.