IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nutrient Density
The cleanest measurement of nutrients and bad stuff is the "nutrient density" IMO. The "ideal" food would have every ingredient be a density of one. For example, if a food had a density of 1 for vitimin C, that would mean that you would get exactly the recommended dose if you ate nothing but that food (assuming normal caloric intake). 2 would mean you get twice the recommended amount if you ate nothing but that food.

Thus, if a hamburger had a fat density of 2, then you know you are getting bad stuff. The current labels with Oz's of X are useless without a calculator (or quick math head).

Anyhow, there is some recent evidence that fat intake is not the problem, but instead starch and sugar intake. It is still highly controversial, but the bottom line is that there is very little evidence that the fat percentage in one's diet is the primary cause of obesity, dispite common perceptions.

There are a lot of skinney people in Asia, even office workers. Yet, the restaraunts often serve fatty meats such as pork. But, when asians move to the US, their children are just as likely to be chubby as anybody else. This is a mystery that has yet to be solved.
they don't have "Happy Meals" in Asia, or at least the Fast Food places are not as common there as they are here. Also everything here is served in large portions, and in Asia in small portions. I have a japanese friend who is 100% Japanese but was born here, he is larger than me. I suspect the American diet is different than the Japanese diet.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
     Hey Orion! - (boxley) - (52)
         so...was Subway served too? What about Jared? Poor fellow. -NT - (Simon_Jester)
         I'm there dude! - (orion)
         Nutrient Density - (tablizer) - (1)
             Easily solved - (orion)
         Oh Puhleeezze - (tuberculosis) - (23)
             Oh Pluuzze yourself - (orion) - (22)
                 Simple test: - (inthane-chan) - (12)
                     Yes they indeed did! - (orion) - (11)
                         Not informing != Hiding information. - (inthane-chan) - (10)
                             No, the information was not available - (orion) - (5)
                                 Yer missing the point. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                                     Oh so - (orion) - (3)
                                         Stay on topic, please. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                             Evidence - (orion) - (1)
                                                 Re: Evidence - (pwhysall)
                             Hey when yall self rightious fooks :) - (boxley) - (3)
                                 Thanks for the summary Bill - (screamer) - (2)
                                     Heh:_____ National Lawyer Day! - (Ashton)
                                     You got roads? - (mhuber)
                 Bull - (tuberculosis) - (8)
                     Re: Bull - (orion) - (7)
                         Norman - (tuberculosis) - (6)
                             Forget the doctors - (orion) - (5)
                                 Medicine isn't an exact science - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                     Re: Medicine isn't an exact science - (orion) - (3)
                                         It can always be worse. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             Well said. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                             Amen. -NT - (Ashton)
         McDonald's owes me a new colon! - (orion) - (19)
             call them on the phone -NT - (boxley)
             Don't worry about it... - (hnick) - (16)
                 Once again - (orion) - (15)
                     And once again... - (hnick) - (14)
                         There is a point here - (orion) - (13)
                             Oh come now.. - (hnick) - (4)
                                 I've gotten to the point - (orion) - (3)
                                     Whatever... Cry to your lawyer. I'm done here -NT - (hnick) - (1)
                                         Can't cry anymore - (orion)
                                     Whatever you do - first change your .sig, because... - (CRConrad)
                             See above: it's passed on from parent --> child via magical - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 It wasn't brought to my attention - (orion) - (3)
                                     Ok.. - (hnick) - (1)
                                         They don't care - (orion)
                                     Didn't your MOTHER tell you fucking ANYTHING ?!? -NT - (CRConrad)
                             The degree of unawareness you claim . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 Never thought about it, until it was too late. - (orion) - (1)
                                     It's not too late. You've got lots of time. Use it wisely. -NT - (Another Scott)
             A McColon? (retch) -NT - (wharris2)
         McSpotlight - (orion)
         Welcome to the idea of an "implicit warranty" - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             Good McMicrosoft point: rent! don't sell__________{ugh} - (Ashton)
         OT: The Many Faces of Ronald McDonald - (orion)

Did she think she was going to land in the back of a Pier 1 truck carrying papa-san chairs?
77 ms