IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So if I'm reading you aright...
... if I indirectly hold any stock - i.e. in a managed investment portfolio -, the right thing to do is to leave it there.

Wade.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

New Sorta...
I think that right now, not holding stock is a wise idea.

Long-term the short-term reasons that I believe that are irrelevant, it doesn't matter which you do.

But I would suggest that you read that speech by Bogle. A managed investment portfolio is something that I don't believe is a very good idea for reasons that he explains very well.

Cheers,
Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
     Why did the economy go bad? - (orion) - (36)
         Re: Why did the economy go bad? - (neelk)
         The economy isnt nescessarily bad - (boxley) - (4)
             Why so many layoffs then? - (orion) - (3)
                 good economy and layoffs are not exclusive - (boxley) - (2)
                     When will the layoffs stop? - (orion) - (1)
                         Then you are tied to that tiny microcosm. - (Ashton)
         Moore's Law - (ChrisR) - (1)
             Tech bust versus general bust - (tablizer)
         The biggest problem in perception: - (static) - (27)
             Everybody keeps forgetting where the pendulum used to be -NT - (tablizer) - (26)
                 It was up high, but now it is swinging the other way - (orion) - (25)
                     No. Valuations are STILL high. - (ben_tilly) - (24)
                         blame the 401k propaganda a lot - (boxley) - (23)
                             There is some truth to that - (ben_tilly) - (22)
                                 But what if it doesn't stop? - (orion) - (21)
                                     buy dirt - (boxley)
                                     Why should I bother doing anything? - (ben_tilly) - (19)
                                         So basically you are saying the air is being let out of the - (orion) - (6)
                                             You are getting somewhat closer - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                                 I am not looking to make a quick buck - (orion) - (4)
                                                     There is an old saying... - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                         I can honestly say - (orion) - (2)
                                                             And I can honestly say... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                 I can say - (orion)
                                         A couple of things re the market P/E, etc. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                             I respect that, but disagree - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                                 Perhaps I'm crazy - (wharris2) - (1)
                                                     Perhaps not so crazy - (ben_tilly)
                                                 You might enjoy Bogle's latest speech. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     I did, thanks - (ben_tilly)
                                                     That was an excellent link. Thanks! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                                 So if I'm reading you aright... - (static) - (1)
                                                     Sorta... - (ben_tilly)
                                             what is considered a good return? - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 A secret about analysts on the tube - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                     remember granville? - (boxley)

It's spelled "LRPD", but it's pronounced "mumble"!
50 ms