IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Will this open the door
to [link|http://www.science.psu.edu/alert/Hedges8-2001.htm|biological terraforming]? *grin*

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait

• Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
New Our understanding of the mess appears to approach that of,
one description of what nuclear physics is about:

You have never seen a piano.

Someone pushes one down the steps in the dark, and you listen to the sounds it makes as it is destroyed.

You listen and think and - try to come up with what a piano might look like.

So I'd guess that, before we start trying to 'terraform' (or destroy 'unstable planets' a la Dark Star) we might first demonstrate that we can keep the rain forests and a fair number of species - alive on This one. (Beyond the next fiscal quarter, that is.)

And maybe find some ways to get permission from the Revealed Truths engraved in stone - to find a way for significant numbers of bi-pedal carbon units to.. keep it in the pants, before our social structure necessarily emulates that of the other humongous populations: the ants.

Already we are emulating the sheep and.. packs of wolves. Mainly what we do is: shop. Can ants be far behind?

But I guess this stuff keeps folks off the streets..

A.
New Tsk, tsk.
Maybe with a whole planet to experiment with, we actually CAN learn this stuff.

Dibs on Venus!

Imric's Tips for Living

• Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
New too hot
gofer one of jupiters moons and launch a nuke into Jupiter to throw some heat :)
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New 'Bio-forming'
would reduce the greenhouse gasses and cool things off...

So claim one of the Jovian moons? Ok, then, let's race - betcha my bacteria and fungus get the job done quicker'n your nuke! (besides, the Jovian life might just object to your plan...)

Imric's Tips for Living

New How big a nuke??
I figure that any place with a hurricane bigger than the Earth (ie Jupiter) isn't going to notice much that people can do for a good long while...

Cheers,
Ben
New Well, the comet Shoemaker made an impression.
Briefly anyway.

[link|http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/comet.html|Link.]

Of course, we only got to watch it.
Alex

Only two things are certain: the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not certain about the universe.
-- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
     Will this open the door - (imric) - (6)
         Our understanding of the mess appears to approach that of, - (Ashton) - (5)
             Tsk, tsk. - (imric) - (4)
                 too hot - (boxley) - (3)
                     'Bio-forming' - (imric)
                     How big a nuke?? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Well, the comet Shoemaker made an impression. - (a6l6e6x)

tar: Premature end of archive
73 ms