IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thread is the word you are looking for and also
"I use volume measures all the time. (At least in Swedish, we even have archaic-sounding nicknames like "teaspoon" for a 5-milliliter measure.)"
proof that the metric system is so awful that you use the archaic terms to describe the new measurements. Is it a quart or a litre? who the fsck cares while your swigging it down? A 14 ml wrench is just a 9/16th by any other name.
thanx,
bill
."Once, in the wilds of Afghanistan, I had to subsist on food and water for several weeks." W.C. Fields
New There ain't no such thing...
Box:
A 14 ml wrench is just a 9/16th by any other name.
...as a fourteen.milliliter wrench! :-)

And no, it isn't -- one of them is smaller, and won't fit on screws of the other's dimension; used the other way, the larger wrench will often slip and ruin the shape of the bolt-head. (No, I can't recall which is bigger and which smaller.)

Using a 13-mm wrench on half-inch (=12.7 mm) bolt-heads works better; there's less slippage there. (So I'd guess the difference between 9/16" and 14 mm is more than 0.3 mm.)

"I use volume measures all the time. (At least in Swedish, we even have archaic-sounding nicknames like "teaspoon" for a 5-milliliter measure.)"
proof that the metric system is so awful that you use the archaic terms to describe the new measurements.
No, just that we use old-fashioned shorthand to *refer* to our _superior_[*] measures.

Is it a quart or a litre? who the fsck cares while your swigging it down?
I do -- and according to Andrew, the liter is obviously superior! ;^)

[*]: Because they're _standardized_ -- how big is *your* "teaspoon"? Is that the same size as Andrew's? Or as the guy's who wrote the cookbook...?
   Christian R. Conrad
Microsoft is a true reflection of Bill Gates' personality - the sleaziest, most unethical, ugliest little rat's ass the world has seen unto this time.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=42971|Andrew Grygus]
New Hey box . . .
. . what proof is a 14 ml wrench? Screwdrives I know, but wrench?
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Simple the kids have disappeared all the 9/16 wrenches
So when I work on my ride the 14mm works just fine. I just dont tell them its the same.
thanx,
bill
."Once, in the wilds of Afghanistan, I had to subsist on food and water for several weeks." W.C. Fields
New Hint: what else does "proof" mean
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New note the mm in the post as opposed to ml
New Missed your "Subject:" before - thread, of course, thanks!
     Minnow damage - (Silverlock) - (39)
         Ouchhh! How can you be typing? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Half as fast as normal - (Silverlock)
         So, sometimes the minnow wins . . . -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
         Nnngh ow ow ow ow STFU plzkthx - (pwhysall)
         Unfair, the fish had help! -NT - (ben_tilly)
         pair of needle nose pliars, a needle - (boxley)
         Four CENTImeters... or milli-? (4 cm ~ 1.8") -NT - (CRConrad) - (32)
             Sheesh, I make that mistake all the time - (Silverlock) - (31)
                 Yup, it's that metric system again. - (Andrew Grygus) - (30)
                     easy way to remember willies are measured in centimenters - (boxley)
                     \ufffd, Shil, six-pence, ha-penny, Guinea - much more fun too.. - (Ashton)
                     Not forgetting - (pwhysall) - (27)
                         + grains, drams, minims, Av/Troy ounces, but.. PINT= OK! :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                         My favorite question... - (ben_tilly)
                         Bull** - (Andrew Grygus) - (20)
                             Bravisssimo! - (Ashton) - (6)
                                 Re: Bravisssimo! - (admin) - (5)
                                     Then please.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         *smile* - (admin)
                                     See if you can convince him that duo-decimal is better :-) - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                         I'm not going there... -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                             Aw, can't I corrupt him a little? -NT - (ben_tilly)
                             Great steaming piles of it from you, Andrew. - (CRConrad) - (10)
                                 Thread is the word you are looking for and also - (boxley) - (6)
                                     There ain't no such thing... - (CRConrad)
                                     Hey box . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                         Simple the kids have disappeared all the 9/16 wrenches - (boxley) - (2)
                                             Hint: what else does "proof" mean -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                                 note the mm in the post as opposed to ml -NT - (boxley)
                                     Missed your "Subject:" before - thread, of course, thanks! -NT - (CRConrad)
                                 It's all in the visualization. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                     And other senses - (ChrisR)
                                     So BOx's and yours are equally tiny! - (CRConrad)
                             I wish the french had gone duo-decimal - (ben_tilly)
                             ROFL!! Excellent explaination of Bull! -NT - (n3jja)
                         One mile = 1,000 feet - (kmself) - (1)
                             Not quite. - (CRConrad)
                         yabbut the alternative is french -NT - (boxley)
                         Whats the horsepower of that motor? -NT - (boxley)