IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nostradamus prediction - US & Russia war with Arabs/China ?
"This raises the specter of Chinese intervention should US forces become bogged down in mountainous Afghanistan. This prospect is particularly unsettling as back in 1555, the French prophet Nostradamus, who has been proven correct in so many of his prophecies, predicted that America and Russia would go to war against a coalition made up of Arab nations and China. Until just recently, such a notion seemed absurd. "

Read this in one of my links in the articles on Iraq & Kuwait.

Has anyone heard of such a prediction ?

Is this a wild eyed remark based on indecipherable Nostrdamus writing ?

Am interested if anyone has read any such comment before

#1 update - Just found this link ...

[link|http://www.dazzled.com/nost2002/|WWIII War in 2002]

This guy says ...

"I expect you to be extremely skeptical. I am claiming that World War III will be fully under way this year! I expect an alliance of Islamic nations and China to be at war with virtually all of Western Civilization. And I base this premise on the prophecies of a man who died in the 16th century."

This Hmmmm person thinks Nostramdaus was prdicting the Falun Gong crack-down ...

[link|http://clearwisdom.net/eng/2000/July/13/POI071300_2.html|Blame it on Falun Gong]

This is the same quatrain but nothing to do with the Fallen Gongs ..

[link|http://www.oldwivestales.net/article1027.html|Nix to do with Falun Gong]

Hmmm this one claims China will win & become the new superpower in latter 21st century ...

[link|http://seercom.com/sorcery/prophecy.htm|China wins war on west]

This one claims the antichirist must be Russia's Putin ...

[link|http://www.revelation13.net/Nostradamus.html|Its Putin, its Putin]

Cheers Doug

Expand Edited by dmarker2 July 16, 2002, 08:28:01 AM EDT
New Re: Nostradamus prediction
A lot of Nostradamus's success comes from people piecing together things after the fact to match his vague prophecies. There is a lot more of "This event kind of resembles that prophecy" than "that prophecy predicts this event". Nostradamus's "World War 3" prophecies an exception, as he was fairly precise at one point: "When those of the North are united together, in the East will be great fear and dread... In the year 1999 sept [alternatively translated as "and seven months" or "September"] from the sky will come the great King of terror" or something like that IIRC. So, if he wasn't just hallucinating, he was off by two years. The third Antichrist would be called "Mabus" which some people read backwards as "sudam" (Saddam), and is supposed to be an Arab who wears a blue turban and is welcomed as a hero in Europe. Still, realize that Nostradamus wrote literally hundreds of these things and that people trying to put together evidence of a prophecy will pull quotes out of context from quatrains that are nowhere near each other in the order and have little bearing on each other unless you want to interpret them in a single specific way.

I used to watch a lot of In Search Of and Unsolved Mysteries =)
New Well put, I think.
I tend to consider N. material akin to the Bible and other massive collections, as:

DIY what-if generators. After all - you can find damn near Any cockamamie idea (like say Leviticus, was it? - with all the Death Sentences for wearing hair wrong on Fridays, for stoning females, etc.) interspersed with ancient gems of wisdom.. appropriated by the editors and claimed as Original.

Plagiarism - ask L. Ron Hubbard about the Rulez for creating this kinda stuff..

It's just a Party Game.

Ashton
New And the Delphic Oracle as well.
The [link|http://www.dilos.com/region/centgr/delphi01.html|prophecy ceremony]

Whoever wished to consult the Oracle was obliged to pay a tax, the "telono", which gave him the right to approach the great altar of Apollo to offer sacrifices (boars, goats or bulls). Having purified herself in the water of the Kastalian Fountain, Pythia bent over the Navel of the Earth (the Sacred Stone), ate a laurel leaf and, inhaling the vapours emitted from the chasm, entered a state of ecstasy, uttering incoherent words. These were then composed into verses by the Priest, while the interpreter endeavoured to render some meaning out of the prophecy.
We do not appear to have evolved any between the ears.
Alex

"Television: chewing gum for the eyes." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
New The astounding repetition
is that of Wishing so strongly about 'predictions' - that almost anyone with a good schtick for making these vague-enough: is believed. One might almost think that homo-sap is averse to surprises, preferring some dull preview of.. everything!

Some folks seem so preoccupied with what's next? they forget about any 'now' entirely, like: bein Sure ya gots reserved seats for th After-death Experience.. (Ya wants Loges, natch - and the chance to ridicule them folks in the stalls.) No wonder TIVO is so popular: you can control Time. Sorta

Hence we invented the CPA mentality before it became a trade; and what a Dismal one it is ;-) Shall we extrapolate the DJIA again, folks? - per Market Principles o'course: get those investment $ handy. Oh.. and then there's Insurance - Gawd forbid that something should .. happen. next. Hmmm save trouble; cradle --> grave directly. No anxiety!

Ditto re modern 'astrologers' - mostly inept at the fund of intricate psychological lore which was attributed to those of yore, and so evidently useful in the matchmaking of those cultures. Nope - gotta predict: never mind that even tachyons in the modern mythos.. don't hold much chance for reversing >>|<< the Arrow of Time (per the current holder of Isaac Newton's Chair, anyway).

Oh well.. it's only a play :-)

Ashton
no fair peeking at Chapter 11
     Nostradamus prediction - US & Russia war with Arabs/China ? - (dmarker2) - (4)
         Re: Nostradamus prediction - (tangaroa) - (3)
             Well put, I think. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 And the Delphic Oracle as well. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     The astounding repetition - (Ashton)

One... two... FIVE!
58 ms