IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not to tip my hand... but...
I didn't vote in the last election either FWIW... The first article I linked mentions us and brings up the point that >50% of the voting age population chose to exercise their right not to vote ;-) .

I really do find this article .... intriguing... I think maybe this guy is on to something? (or simply on something?)
I'm trying not to be too damned cynical, now don't go blowin' it for me... I really am trying to understand this all.

See, my wife, one of the nicest and most compassionate people I know, has voted Republican her whole life (anecdotal evidence for at least one compassionate conservative) ... You can imagine the fun we have every election time! But I'm really trying to understand the "why" of both political parties. She's kind of filled me in on the Republican side...
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"Putting the fun back into funatic"
New Thoughts on that subject...
...is that the urban centers...which are vastly democratic...have generally seen the benefits of massive federal programs. They also see more of the negative aspects of capitalist society...poverty, poor education, etc...

The Democrats have made these "their" agenda items. Not that the Republicans don't address these issues...but they generally address them by wanting to provide more local control...and the Democrats have used that as the wedge..."You SEE, Virginia...those evil Republican bastards don't care about YOU...they don't want to deal with your problems...WE'LL FIX IT FOR YOU"

The difference in mindset is that the "country music belt" WANTS to "take care of their own"...and the city folk want somebody to take care of it for them...

This is, of course, a vast oversimplification...but if you have to nutshell the argument...this is probably a good start.

Um...er...well...

I have no choice!

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Political theories... Fact or Fiction? - (screamer) - (5)
         I think someone missed the point - (boxley) - (2)
             Not to tip my hand... but... - (screamer) - (1)
                 Thoughts on that subject... - (bepatient)
         I think the essence is correct... - (Simon_Jester)
         Interesting read - (JayMehaffey)

That would be like Scott taking the Wal*Mart cruise.
32 ms