IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New *wince*
What were these tests for?

Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
New "suspicious" moles
I had a full body examination done by a dermatologist (I wanted one removed) and she determined that the other should be biopsied.

The arm one doesn't hurt. The other one... let's just say that sitting down is difficult at best right now.

I narrowly avoided getting the area for that one shaved. That would have been interesting, at the very least...
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New That sucks
Hope that the biopsy comes back negative.

My wife doesn't like some of my moles, but I haven't had them looked at by anyone official. (Yet.)

Cheers,
Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
New Well, if she considers them suspicious...
... more than likely the dermatologist would have to remove them to tell any better.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Yeah... I saw that one
It was that big Black one with the greying hairs coming out of it... above the neck area...

But what the heck... you might as well get some Really good dirt...

Nah, Ben just kidding around... the dirt comment, was mean.

;-)

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
New In case you decide to have your moles looked at:
Dr. Philipp Orbuch. Practice in Manhattan and Long Island. He's been monitoring my moles for 6 years, so far so good, only about 5 got taken off, 2 of those had unusual cells that unexperienced doctors often mistake for cancer. I actually prefer to drive 1.5 hours to his office, rather than go to another doctor.
New Thanks for the recommend but...
I probably can get an inside track on good recommendations. :-)

Incidentally if you are that close, any chance of meeting some time?

Cheers,
Ben
--Richard Feynman
New Hope so...
Doctors don't seem to be too good at recommending doctors. May be medical students are different :)

I am now in Stamford, CT, around 1:15 drive from Manhattan. Meeting would indeed be an interesting idea. I'll be in the City next Monday through Thursday - corporate training. Care to intersect? :)
New Sure!
Evenings are generally better for me. Drop an email to my user name at operamail dot com and we will work something out.

Cheers,
Ben
--Richard Feynman
New E-mails bounced a few times
... and then I run out of time. What is your e-mail? Could not get it right.

In any case, this is not the last time I'll be in Manhattan :)
New As my instructions said
ben_tilly (my user name) @ operamail . com

Cheers,
Ben
"Perl is like vice grips. You can do anything with it, and it's the wrong tool for every job."
--Unknown
New Best be safe
My Dad died from Melanoma in '94.

His company switched health insurance in 1984, and he and my Mom both had to get physicals right away. The Dr. didn't like the looks of a mole on his side, a few inches above the belt line. He removed it and had it biopsied.

The results from the pathology lab came back negative, but the Dr. was still suspicious so he sent it to another lab, which declared it Level 4 Melanoma (level 5 being terminal).

He underwent surgery to remove a softball-sized chunk of cancerous tissue from his abdomen, and several surrounding lymph nodes - including down into his groin. Fortunately, they came back all negative.

For the following 9 years, he had regular Galium scans, (injection of radioactive Galium followed by a CT scan) about every 6 months. No 'hot' spots were ever found. In Oct 1993, he went in for his regular scan, and there were hot spots all over his body. Further testing showed Cancer in his lymphatic system, lungs, stomach, liver, gall bladder and spleen. There was really nothing that could be done at that point. A year later, he passed away.

Any moles you have that are suspicious, get them removed and tested immediately. Suspicious moles are: new ones, existing ones that have changed size or color, or any that are painful.

I say this not to scare you, but because I don't want anyone to not take this seriously. It is a slow, painful, dreadful way to die, that I wouldn't want anyone to have to deal with.

I'm thankful to have gotten another 10 years to spend with my Dad, but I still miss him dearly, and I don't think my Mom has fully recovered from the loss.

Peace
-----
Steve
     The good news is... - (admin) - (19)
         I hope everything is going to be good for you - (orion)
         *wince* - (ben_tilly) - (11)
             "suspicious" moles - (admin) - (10)
                 That sucks - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                     Well, if she considers them suspicious... - (admin)
                     Yeah... I saw that one - (folkert)
                     In case you decide to have your moles looked at: - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                         Thanks for the recommend but... - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                             Hope so... - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                                 Sure! - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                     E-mails bounced a few times - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                         As my instructions said - (ben_tilly)
                 Best be safe - (Steve Lowe)
         That is good news... - (imric)
         Great! - (folkert)
         WTH? Are they 'new'? - (Silverlock)
         Re: The good news is... - (Ashton)
         Don't know that I'd choose the word 'anticipating' - (drewk)
         good luck and post pictures of the scars :) -NT - (boxley)

The state motto is "E pluribus pluribus" ...
110 ms