IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New H1B visa abuse revisited
At least some in the press are starting to see it for the scam it is. The Atlanta Journal Constitution has an [link|http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/epaper/editions/thursday/business_b327f26e8208626200f3.html|article] reporting on the program expanding even amidst the current tech slump with it's record layoffs of native US tech workers.
"When it crosses my mind to do something, I don't ask why, I ask why not. And usually there's no reason not to, so I just go ahead. It's given me the strangest collection of hats"
New Freedom of Information?
Why can't we see what jobs are being requested? Shouldn't that info be publicly available? If they claim there is a shortage of ASP programmers I am gonna barf my linings out.

Why don't any politicians jump on this opportunity to pump up nationalism? They jump on everything else.
It's very simple, really. Business that want cheap IT workers give PAC (Political Action Committee for non-US readers) money to the relevant House representatives and senators to make sure their needs are known. The laws with quotas are adjusted to meet these need.

When is the last time you gave money to support your candidate to the US Congress and asked them what you want? And, taxes don't count!

Have you ever written your congressmen about H1B workers?

Calls to patriotism (or nationalism) is a tool they use to manipulate you, not the other way around. Please, know your place in the scheme of things.
Alex

Only two things are certain: the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not certain about the universe.
-- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
New Maybe it's just August but
I'd say the *Repos have an unbreakable monopoly on the er wealth desk-top and they remain busily innovating to expand that monopoly into as many related areas as possible. And there is no competition in sight - divided: all the rest are impotent.

* Repos - those who define Life as the pursuit of personal wealth via any means possible. At worst and for certain ones: it is their only active pursuit. (Party affiliation merely has to do with the choice which caters to your existing affliction - but no 'principles' are involved, except as rationalization for the unconscionable.)

It's looking more and more in Murica like,

Waiting for Godot

as the Repos continue the concentration of power in the very few - expand the miseries OTOH quite 'democratically'.

A.
Repo motto works: keep the sheep grazing safely at the mall, not near the legislature
     H1B visa abuse revisited - (DonRichards) - (3)
         Freedom of Information? - (tablizer) - (2)
             Why? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Maybe it's just August but - (Ashton)

They're a cornered rat, and quite frankly, I think they have rabies to boot. I'd rather not get too close to them.
73 ms