IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Buried Android menu item
I'm on a pixel with probably the latest and greatest Android. I was looking at the settings on alarms and I see on the very bottom of settings something that didn't belong there and should be somewhere else very apparently.

Screensaver: digital
Night mode: very dim

wtf? I would have loved to see that night mode display as I was going through settings for display and screensaver. I asked it to show me all settings referring to screensaver.

Same thing for the words "night mode". Doesn't show up.

I realize that the alarm has to interact with the screen and screen saver but I've never seen this night mode setting anywhere and I can't find it now.

Fine. I'm glad I found it. I'm just really annoyed that it's within the alarm settings. I have to turn my phone upside down if I bring it into the bedroom and I'd prefer to leave it right side up but not shining on the ceiling. Hopefully this takes care of that. I'll see.
New Samsung S23 Ultra...
(Gear) Settings - Display - (Mode toggle) Light / Dark

??

Dunno.

I don't see anything in the Alarm settings (for Clock) for Dark Mode. I think I'm using a Samsung clock rather than a Google one, but I'm not sure.

If I search for Alarm, I get Do Not Disturb and half a dozen other things, but nothing immediately obviously about Dark Mode.

(One of the big annoyances I have with Samsung phones is they duplicate a bunch of the standard Google apps and use the same name, and it's hard to get rid of them, and it's tough to remember which is which sometimes.)

Lots and lots of stuff is going on all the time on these phones...

Cheers,
Scott.
     Buried Android menu item - (crazy) - (1)
         Samsung S23 Ultra... - (Another Scott)

Everybody knows the 'Linux' facade is just the skorry chepooka, til we shvat the strack of Vesch 6.66a.
27 ms