IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not a word predictor
https://situational-awareness.ai/

Ai generations run about 4 years.

Ai generations turn into extreme power-ups. They get a lot smarter, not a little smarter. They are not simply word predictors. Sorry Peter.

Unhobbling. This is a new word for me. Open up the obvious stupid shit that is low hanging fruit. But that was me doing optimizations my entire career. Unhobbling.

Expect the next major jump in 2027. That's what he says and he knows a hell of a lot more about it than most people. Interesting.

Okay so I was watching one of my various AI videos and that led to me tracking down the paper and reading the whole thing. The top link is essentially just a table of contents as well as the intro.

I'm done summarizing. That's what AI assistants are for.
New Re: Not a word predictor
Sorry Peter.

wat
New For some reason I think you're on the major naysayer side
New Re: For some reason I think you're on the major naysayer side
I think their benefits and capabilities are grossly overstated.

As is so often the case, we’ve got everything arse-backwards with AI, especially the generative stuff. We’re letting computers make art while we go to work, instead of making the computers do the work so we’ve got time to make art.

ETA: there’s an argument that generative AI lets anyone make art.

Well, when everyone’s an artist, no-one is. Not a future I want to see.
Expand Edited by pwhysall Aug. 28, 2024, 03:49:39 PM EDT
New "... not a future I want to see" Me neither, but they're not asking me what I want
--

Drew
     Not a word predictor - (crazy) - (4)
         Re: Not a word predictor - (pwhysall) - (3)
             For some reason I think you're on the major naysayer side - (crazy) - (2)
                 Re: For some reason I think you're on the major naysayer side - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     "... not a future I want to see" Me neither, but they're not asking me what I want -NT - (drook)

It's all fun and games until someone loses a lung.
38 ms