IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "Road diet" is a term around here in NoVA.
They neck the road down, or repurpose lanes, to force traffic to slow down, and makes it less dangerous for pedestrians and for cross-traffic.

https://highways.dot.gov/safety/proven-safety-countermeasures/road-diets-roadway-reconfiguration

Cheers,
Scott.
New As I recall they're more efficient as well
The center turn lane and lack of lane hopping makes them both safer and less pathologically congested.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Fewer lanes means more throughput? Unpossible!!!
--

Drew
     Great road. Bad drivers. - (crazy) - (21)
         Doesn't matter if it's their fault - (drook) - (19)
             What is a speed Island? - (crazy) - (18)
                 My mistake, speed table - (drook) - (14)
                     Speed bumps are a popular form of traffic calming here - (pwhysall) - (13)
                         Greatest argument against them here is snow plows -NT - (drook) - (1)
                             That's fair tbh -NT - (pwhysall)
                         Chicanes have the problem that you *can* still drive far too fast through them. - (CRConrad) - (10)
                             Depends on the bumper and spoilers - (malraux) - (3)
                                 The SUV / cross-over craze has infested us, too, so fairly sure that's not it. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                     I drive the SUV so little I took it off the insurance - (crazy) - (1)
                                         But I was wrong about the battery - (crazy)
                             If you hit a speed table/bump at the posted limit, you *will* feel it - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                 All of this enforcement type talk is nice - (crazy) - (4)
                                     Traffic cameras -NT - (drook) - (3)
                                         They don't care - (crazy) - (2)
                                             He doesn't have to care from the inside of his cell - (drook) - (1)
                                                 Like I said, one of many - (crazy)
                 "Road diet" is a term around here in NoVA. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     As I recall they're more efficient as well - (malraux) - (1)
                         Fewer lanes means more throughput? Unpossible!!! -NT - (drook)
         Easy - (pwhysall)

The Food icon is not food.
52 ms