I will never have pretty cut and paste boxed posts with those lovely replies. I'm doing this from a phone and really don't care. I'm certainly not looking back and saying who do I need to attribute this to.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

As I pointed out it would be a great investigative tool but never to be used as evidence in court. Just like there is many types of evidence that can be used to get a warrant as part of an investigation, this is yet another tool in it.

You can trust it as much as an eyewitness when some guy was running past very quickly. You can probably trust it far more actually. An eyewitness account that they then matched to a lineup of that person running past quickly is far less trustworthy than a camera pickup.

And if they magic zoom does a facial rec of someone running away from a crime that then matches the database, I'm all for it. I trust it far more than a person. Use it as a starting point for the investigation. But still don't allow it as admission in court. Prove it some other way. But use it as a starting point to get a warrant for further investigation. Just like human evidence.