IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hooooray! My home is mine again!
I had a house guest. Way more trouble than having a girl friend, but with none of the benefits.

She came here to get away from the Oregon winter, and to see doctors. She was supposed to be here about 2-1/2 months - which turned into 6 months, because of unending medical problems.

She got back surgery. Severe back surgery. People who have seen the X Rays say her back looked like a junk yard. Then there were serious blood clots, and this and that other stuff.

I had to buy a roll-away bed and place it behind some furniture to avoid having a honkn big hospital bed parked in my living room.

Of course, I also had to do a fair amount of medical transportation.

But the biggest problem is that she's a sort of hoarder. She came down with a large SUV absolutely stuffed with stuff, all of which she unloaded taking pretty much every horizontal square foot except the kitchen floor.

She ordered Wheels on Meals for 2 days a week, not that there is a shortage of food here, but rarely ate them. Had them piled into both my refrigerators until there was no room for anything else. And she packed both my freezer compartments with huge bags of frozen berries for her twice-a-day smoothies (for which she installed her Vitamix blender).

And this is just the surface.

I know how totally packed that SUV was, because I helped pack it today for her departure. It was absolutely stuffed, except for the driver's seat.

And she insisted she wants to come back next year.

Yikes!
New Only one solution
And she insisted she wants to come back next year.
Move, and leave no forwarding address.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New You are truly a wonderful person
An idiot. But a wonderful person.

Don't let her come back. Your time and your life is more valuable to you than it is to her. Don't let her abuse it.

I finally got rid of the 30-year-old abusive daughter. That took about 4 years of hell. I'm on one side of the country and she's on the other and while I can't enforce it, I'd be really pissed if she crossed the state line over here.

So yes, while these experiences are not comparable, I feel the difference, the ambience of the house, the sense of freedom when she is not here. And so do you.
New Did she pay some kind of rent or did you just volumteer to keep her?
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x July 18, 2024, 08:35:49 PM EDT
New Re: Did she pay some kind of rent?
She contributed some to the food budget, and offered a tank of gas, which I didn't get around to claiming - otherwise at no cost. Of course, she wanted to pay for the gas at Costco, which is inconvenient, and I'm allergic to waiting in lines.
     Hooooray! My home is mine again! - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
         Only one solution - (CRConrad)
         You are truly a wonderful person - (crazy)
         Did she pay some kind of rent or did you just volumteer to keep her? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Re: Did she pay some kind of rent? - (Andrew Grygus)

Your boredness knob must go to 11...
37 ms