IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hasn't the talk among the Linuxerati for the last year or two been...
...that everyone is going to, uh, was it Alma Linux or Rocky Linux? I think it was those two; not sure which, if either, is more preferred.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Adjacent: the only reason I read distro reviews on The Register
Is to drink the salty tears of everyone crying about systemd in the comments.

It's a bonus if the distro in question also offers Wayland, for extra salt.
New Here, have an extra-big jug of Dead Sea water from me.
Dunno if I've been spouting off about it there (or here), but I abhor and detest systemd and its creator with a passion.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Nourishment!
New I might have a reason to simply to play
I'm about to get a four core 16 GB box. Intel CPU, and Intel graphical coprocessor that I don't care about but should be fun to play with. Half a terabyte SSD. Faster than anything I've ever worked with, eight times more memory than anything that I've ever worked with. Booting off Ubuntu and then running virtual box and then anything else I might want to including windows and various other Linux or openBSD distributions.

I know it won't run the latest and greatest games but I don't care. I got a nice MAME box with 20K games to explore right now.

It's been shipped, waiting for delivery. It's tiny. It's low low power. It's quiet. And it can drive my projector very easily. It can actually sit on top of my projector. I'll talk to it via Bluetooth keyboard and trackball.

For 200 bucks. Baseline architecture is around 3 years old but that low end explodes quickly and drops in price dramatically as compared to the middle and high. And I could see myself clustering a few of these on a 2.5 GB net.That will cost another 60 bucks for a decent Network switch plus each incremental CPU cluster box. 200 bucks for four cores and 16 GB and half a TB of SSD. And in 6 months either half the price or quadruple the performance for the next little box.
     CentOS Linux - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
         Yeah, I never liked red hat either - (crazy) - (3)
             RedHat took the Novel path . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 That was also partly why Banyan disappeared. -NT - (static)
                 Oh, the day we went from Novell to Microsoft networking - (crazy)
         Hasn't the talk among the Linuxerati for the last year or two been... - (CRConrad) - (4)
             Adjacent: the only reason I read distro reviews on The Register - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 Here, have an extra-big jug of Dead Sea water from me. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Nourishment! -NT - (pwhysall)
                 I might have a reason to simply to play - (crazy)

The mind boggles.
133 ms