IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If I were a betting man ...
I'd say roughly 100% of the COs would testify that they aren't doing anything wrong, while jangling the keys a bit longer and slamming the gates a bit harder every time they think about they guy who's trying to make them stop.
--

Drew
New Depends
Do they have qualified immunity?

M was really good at explaining to guards. That she was going to go after them personally and take their house. She explained to them about the laws concerning prisoner abuse and how guards can be sued personally.

Yes they hated her. And they were very scared of her. And she was treated well.

She also knew the magic medical words to say whenever she wanted anything. But that was usually because a prisoner wasn't getting medical care they needed and she's always the advocate. So they usually forgave her after she was proven right.

The jailers hate the jailhouse lawyers the most. We had one in our cell block. When he showed up he had bags and bags of stuff. He walked with a cane. I think he was the only person in the jail allowed a cane since they are deemed a weapon. He had long johns. We were all freezing and would kill for long johns. He got the jailers to give him them.

The jailers would control or punish us by varying the temperature. The jailhouse lawyer would whine: It's too cold, which it was, so the jailers would raise it to around 95° to roast us. Any complaint by this guy would result in some type of mass punishment to attempt to get us to turn on him. And he could be an a****** to anybody, not just the jailers.

So anyway, yes, I agree, no good will come of this.
New One thing we've got to consider
Other than simply being an a****** and torturing for the sake of torturing, is there any goal involved here?

I bet the guards believe that prisoners who lack sleep will also lack the ability to coherently resist orders and are more malleable. These guys are dazed and confused most of the time.

There is always the guy that is so dazed confused that he'll snap and that will trigger a mass response of the guards. They don't care. That's part of the job and they blame the person that snapped.

Let me try to explain to you what happens when someone snaps in jail.

There's typically a delay of 2 to 3 minutes between the point of someone loudly, threatening violence or engaging in violence, at least in the jail I was in.

At that point you all have guards crowding at that door, but they don't come in for another moment until they get the order. They do not come in one at a time and they do not take a chance. They stage themselves with a large group, at least five but up to 15 to 20 of guards and then they rush.

When they filter through a choke point of beds or doors, it's like a clown car as one guard after another emerges. They will often precede it with a hit of pepper spray but not necessarily.

It's a rare occurrence. The prisoners know they don't stand a chance. So it really takes someone to snap and be stupid.

I saw it about once a week for 2 months. The same guy for three times. A prisoner stunk. Smelled like he bathed in his own shit. He refused to shower. The prisoners complained but nothing happened.

Remember we are 50 guys in a tight space. So the prisoners took it upon themselves to throw this guy in the shower and hose him down. He of course freaked out.

Here come the guards.

Good times!
New We had a guy like that in the Marines
He didn't like waiting in line for a shower at the barracks, so he bought a literal gallon jug of cologne. Don't know where he got it. The consensus was it smelled more like one of those air freshener you hang in a car.

After a couple weeks of ignoring increasingly direct suggestions, a group dragged him into the shower after he was already dressed to go to class. (This was at a school.) He was late to class, and his backup uniform wasn't pressed.

The platoon sergeant told him to be downstairs in front of the barracks every day a half-hour before class for inspection. Suddenly there was no problem with a line for the shower, because we were all still asleep.
--

Drew
New There was no fixing this guy
It's very difficult to describe the level of crazy. He was one bunk over from mine. He was on the top bunk.

The stinky dude would trade a full meal for a root beer barrel. I had a bag of root beer barrels. I would give them out for reasonable smiles and nods or occasionally favors or I would trade them.

But he would trade his entire tray for a single root beer barrel. He was constantly asking me for them and I toss him one occasionally. But I had a limited supply, and you never know if the commissary has them the next week and I only get to order once a week.

He would gladly starve himself and waste away into his insanity. I tried to make a deal with him that he would not trade his tray to anybody else for root beer barrel, and I would give him a root beer barrel for free. I told him to eat his food. I did not want to see him starve himself and that's where he was going.

He agreed but then he couldn't handle the impulse and would then trade away his food anyway. And then after he did that he would ask me for a root beer bottle and I refused. I could not fall into his madness, at least I was not going to reward it. This was occasionally a loud argument.

The bottom bunk had this Hispanic dude who spent the first week going through heroin withdrawal. He was an older dude. Seriously respected. He had a huge group of people surrounding his bed at all times to perform whatever service he needed. And everyone was kind and polite about it.

The dudes performing the service were serious hardcore gang bangers. This particular cell block was the low end medical unit. We had the crazies in here. We had the people dying of cancer in here. And we had whatever random person they couldn't figure out where to put somewhere else. We had a lot of people right after they got pulled apart from a fight and needed some medical attention and then they landed here before they put them wherever they were really supposed to be. So we had both crips and bloods showing up at this guy's bed.

After a couple of weeks the Hispanic dude came out of his dazed and confused moments and realized the guy above him smelled like shit. And after a week of arguing about it they agreed for a fight.

The stinky dude was about 6'5 but rail thin. He danced around and pretended to know how to fight. He did not know. The Hispanic OG simply sat there calmly and tore up a sheet and wrapped it around his closed fists.

This is a jailhouse move, but it's also useful on the street. The point of this is to protect your knuckles so you don't scrape them up and get them bloody. You do not want to have any evidence of a fight on your knuckles on the inside of jail, and on the outside you would not want to leave any of your blood at the scene if you've got to punch and run.

After a fight the cell block immediately goes into lockdown and everybody has to line up by the bed and the guards and the warden come in and examine everybody's knuckles. If you have any damage on them you were part of the fight and into the hole you go.

When stinky guy saw Hispanic dude wrapping his knuckles he knew he was doomed. He didn't stand a chance against this guy. He was going to get killed.

Sticky guy backed down. He wasn't that crazy. There was a spark of some some self-preservation. Just not when it comes to his food. Or personal hygiene.
     Lawsuit concerning sleep in prison - (crazy) - (7)
         If I were a betting man ... - (drook) - (4)
             Depends - (crazy) - (3)
                 One thing we've got to consider - (crazy) - (2)
                     We had a guy like that in the Marines - (drook) - (1)
                         There was no fixing this guy - (crazy)
         It's an interesting picture of attitude. - (static) - (1)
             Depends which guard and where. - (crazy)

The only reason the bongos are the worst is because AIs have never tried chicken nuggets before.
37 ms