IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New nym checks out
Seems to me that you’re making the common error of attributing to a diabolical conspiracy that which is more readily explained by institutional incompetence. Occam’s AR-15, if you will.

I can’t think offhand of any figure in public life whose violent demise would rouse my heart to shallower levels of grief, but I do think that the return after decades of the fourth branch of government—the Lone Crazed Gunman—bodes ill for the polity.

cordially,
New Like I said, let's start some rumors!
More yet less information. The guy was a gun nut. The guy was registered Republican but he was so young I don't think he's ever voted. The guy gave some money to act blue, a Democrat organization. In this time frame it was fetterman versus someone else and that someone else didn't like guns and fetterman did.

Other than that, almost no web footprint. So of course the feds are going to be doing a deep dive on his equipment and any email accounts he has. Inquiring minds want to know. Also gossiping and rumor mongering minds want to know.
New Hadn't thought about the Fetterman/gun rights connection, but that tracks
--

Drew
New The ActBlue donation was an old guy with the same first and last name. [edit] Or, maybe not.
https://nitter.poast.org/MuellerSheWrote/status/1812581806237171796

(If that doesn't work - https://x.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/1812581806237171796 )

It's still very early. Maybe 90% of the stuff we think we know as facts now may be wrong (or incomplete).

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott July 14, 2024, 04:32:13 PM EDT
New This is my shocked face. :| Want to see it again?
--

Drew
     Was the assassination attempt real? - (crazy) - (37)
         Well, looks like the secret service was in on it - (crazy)
         nym checks out - (rcareaga) - (4)
             Like I said, let's start some rumors! - (crazy) - (3)
                 Hadn't thought about the Fetterman/gun rights connection, but that tracks -NT - (drook)
                 The ActBlue donation was an old guy with the same first and last name. [edit] Or, maybe not. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     This is my shocked face. :| Want to see it again? -NT - (drook)
         Headline: “FBI Seeks Motive” - (rcareaga) - (21)
             dunno, if I was kicked off the school rifle team for being a bad shot - (boxley) - (20)
                 He must have put in some serious practice after - (crazy) - (19)
                     "And he managed to take a piece of Trump's ear." - (CRConrad) - (16)
                         Are you kidding? - (crazy) - (15)
                             No, I'm not kidding, and no, it wasn't a particularly "incredible" shot AFAICS. - (CRConrad) - (14)
                                 Fine, I bow to the greater gun experience I am sure - (crazy) - (13)
                                     Adrenaline and nerves, 100% agree - (drook)
                                     I've shot assault rifles. Not super-much, and not all that recently, but... - (CRConrad) - (11)
                                         This is a case where both sides have a point - (drook) - (9)
                                             Perfectly reasonable - (crazy) - (8)
                                                 +1 for the managerial theft. -NT - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                                     Thanks! - (crazy) - (6)
                                                         Seriously. Smoothies. - (malraux) - (5)
                                                             Makes me want to throw up just looking at your post. - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                 Glad it's feeling better. -NT - (malraux)
                                                             "Everything the body needs"??? - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                                 Re: "Everything the body needs"??? - (malraux)
                                                                 yup :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                         agreed -NT - (boxley)
                     It was a scoped 125m shot - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         That's the wonderful thing about the U.S. - (drook)
         Just another bullied kid - (crazy) - (6)
             Seen elsewhere: - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Very well said -NT - (crazy)
             So right yet so wrong and so many more unanswered questions - (crazy) - (3)
                 At this point, I know enough that his motivations are the least important part of event -NT - (drook) - (2)
                     Yeah, you're right - (crazy) - (1)
                         And I just realized this is the cornerstone of the societal change we are going through right now - (crazy)
         And M's take on it is....... - (crazy) - (1)
             "Wild ride" - But we've heard of wilder things that actually happened, haven't we? Not ruling it out -NT - (CRConrad)

Well, all right then.
104 ms