My balcony off my sliding glass doors from my tiny little house which we added stairs to to get downstairs and split the house has the perfect sun path.

We are a northern latitude so I had to adjust my expectations of how the sun goes over the sky. Previously in New Jersey and nearby areas the sun would go across the top of the sky. Not here.

The sun goes as an angle. Yes, I know it's all us and we go in an angle but screw that, the sun goes in an angle.

The angle of the sun over the course of the day raises hits my deck perfectly. As it goes over the course of the day, it gets slightly blocked by a huge tree and my house. Around 3:00 or 4:00 P.m.. and then it keeps going and hits my deck perfectly. That block by tree never cuts out enough for a plant to think it's in the shade. It just drops the light a little bit.

So that leads me to the tomato plants. Previously had grandiose plans to plan a whole bunch of stuff out in the yard, but then I broke my foot and sprained the other and I was done. So this year I'm going to grow a couple tomato plants. How tough could it be?

M picked up a couple that were already growing from the Home Depot. Perfect. One is tiny little tomatoes that continue to grow forever and the other is big tomatoes that continue to grow forever. Forever as long as I don't let them die And also that means die by freezing. There are two types of tomato plants and one grows and produces and dies and the other grows and produces forever until the bad environment causes it to die. I have the second type.

So I grabbed a couple 10 gallon square bags and filled them with dirt (keeping in mind I have high acidic dirt sitting bags ready to be used because that's the same type of dirt that cannabis loves and have a whole bunch of nutrients and I know how to use them) and transplanted them in. I set up netting to go around them and wrap as they grow to feed them through. I like playing with my plants.

I felt horribly last year so I'm limiting my goals and I am keeping it all close. I can watch things on my balcony.

The little ones taste really good but we've only pulled a few of them. You just got to grab them as they turn green to yellow and munch them down. There's a huge amount of flowers ready to go for the next generation. I love how each set of branches set out new flowers and new branches for the next generation.

The big ones have about seven that actually were there when we bought them but they're still growing after a couple of weeks and the next generation flowers are just starting. I have high hopes.

At this point I water them every other day. I try to explain to my guests who stay here about the climate. No one believes me. We have the same rainfall as lost Angeles. We have the same number of sunny days. We have the grow zone of Tennessee from the charts. We have some specialized area that's perfect for lavender. Us and a region in France.

The key issue is I have to give those plants water every other day. We are in Washington but it does not rain like Washington.