IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Lawn mower died, looking for alternative suggestions
M got the Ryobi and it served its purpose. I didn't think electric lawn mowers could handle anything. But that was 18 volts and it bogged down a bit occasionally. So I would prefer a higher voltage which means higher pipeline of electricity. 40 would be nice.

My actually actual property is 0.4 acres. But lawn mower necessary area is half that. The Ryobi would do it in 2 and 1/2 batteries that were 4.0 amps hours supposedly.

I stocked up on the 18 volt batteries and power chargers and I understand if I moved to anything else: Here we go again. I also have the Ryobi weed wacker which I've bought a replacement blade, not string, plus a couple Ryobi tools.

Okay, I know someone out there enjoys this Husqvarna and I've looked for it but I can only find Auto propelled. I want to push it myself and I don't want yet another extra set of gears being added to the complexity to break and to draw the power off the blade. I'd appreciate a pointer if you could find that.

Any other comments on the matter?
New Get a goat
--

Drew
New Get a scythe
New Ego?
56V. Not sure how much combined grass area we have, but it is anything but level and ours makes pretty short shrift of it. It does have rear wheel drive, but it doesn't interfere until you push the "go" button. I can usually take care of all grassy areas on a single charge of its 7.5 Ah battery as I do not use the drive; my wife needs at least one recharge as she runs the drive full time...
New Linky?
New Re: Linky?
https://egopowerplus.com/power-mowers/

Enough options to shake a stick at... We have the 2020 equivalent of the LM2135SP.
New Is this a true recommendation?
Edit' I needed to reread the above post.

Okay thanks, Lowe's has them and can deliver since I live far out in the sticks but also the local coastal might have something in stock. I'll give the coastal a call first.
Expand Edited by crazy July 11, 2024, 06:37:22 PM EDT
New Yep
We also have an Ego 615 cfm leafblower and are planning to get one of their 24" snowblowers (with heated hand grips if I can slip that past the project manager ;-) to replace our aging backup walk behind gas powered blower. By that time I should have enough batteries to get a chainsaw without (to replace the Stihl MS261 we had before. Can't recommend that one - it quietly ate itself from day one and eventually seized despite being very careful with the gas mix.)
     Lawn mower died, looking for alternative suggestions - (crazy) - (7)
         Get a goat -NT - (drook)
         Get a scythe -NT - (pwhysall)
         Ego? - (scoenye) - (4)
             Linky? -NT - (crazy) - (3)
                 Re: Linky? - (scoenye) - (2)
                     Is this a true recommendation? - (crazy) - (1)
                         Yep - (scoenye)

Wow. I am just. Wow. Un-. Wow. You'd think...Nah. Wow.
43 ms