IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Prime Minister Keir Starmer made an impressive victory speech.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yes, it was a good speech
Gracious to the outgoing PM, inclusive of all voters, and noting a key change of direction - the government is there to serve the people, not vice versa.
New He's already doing some good things. I'll need to adjust my cynicism about him.
https://mastodon.social/@w7voa@journa.host/112740238254434781 - Kills plan to send asylum seakers to Rwanda. (Some critics are saying he killed it because "it doesn't go far enough"...)

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cp08y5p52e2o:

Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer says he has appointed a CEO known for employing ex-offenders as the new prisons minister because he "walks the walk".

James Timpson, of the Timpson Group, which provides key cutting and shoe repair services, has made a name for himself hiring hundreds of former prisoners. He previously said only a third of people in prison should be there.

During his first news conference as prime minister on Saturday, Sir Keir said Mr Timpson had invested "a huge amount over many years" into rehabilitating offenders and he was "very pleased" to have given him the post.

Fingers crossed for the good people of the UK.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Blowout in Britain - (rcareaga) - (21)
         What a wonderful evening - (pwhysall) - (20)
             Whither the Tories? - (pwhysall) - (5)
                 I gather Mordaunt is out of the running because she was un-elected from the Commons? - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     Yes - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Oh? Too bad. Must have misundertstood, I got the impression she was out too. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 “not the automatic party of the right” - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     It will be messy - (pwhysall)
             Naah, he never did. - (CRConrad)
             Prime Minister Keir Starmer made an impressive victory speech. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 Yes, it was a good speech - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     He's already doing some good things. I'll need to adjust my cynicism about him. - (Another Scott)
             The results, geovisualised: - (pwhysall) - (9)
                 About population density - (drook) - (8)
                     Population density equals service possibility - (crazy) - (7)
                         Yeah, parking is a bloodsport downtown -NT - (drook) - (6)
                             Downtown? Hah! - (crazy) - (5)
                                 You people used "turning lanes" for parking - (drook) - (4)
                                     Oi. This is the UK Genny Lec thread, not the "my neighbourhood was worse than yours" thread. -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                         So you're asking Scott to re-implment "reply as new topic"? -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                             As any softie kno, re-implementation is the best implementation -NT - (pwhysall)
                                             Reimplementation is too dangerous - (malraux)

This is a test of the Emergency LRPD System. This is only a test.
124 ms