IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Heh.
Philadelphia Inquirer Opinion:

To serve his country, Donald Trump should leave the race | Editorial

Biden had a horrible night Thursday. But the debate about the debate is misplaced. The only person who should withdraw from the race is Trump.

Worth a click.

Fingers crossed for the UK elections on the 4th. You folks need to find a way to climb out of the hole the Tories and Brexit put the UK in...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Seems doubtful they will -- I gather Starmer is all for continuing "austerity". :-(
New You gather wrong
But he can’t do all that much, because the economy is fucked (although slowly un-fucking).

Linky-poo
Expand Edited by pwhysall July 2, 2024, 01:48:13 AM EDT
New Yeah no, that's what I meant. AIUI, that's self-contradictory.
Not raising taxes means no more funds; no more funds means no increased expenditure; no increased expenditure means continued (WTF does he mean, "no return to"?) austerity. Like, "without raising taxes or making spending cuts"?!? Isn't the problem that spending is far too fucking low compared to what it needs to be, so to escape austerity he must increase spending?

So what I had understood was that he has to either raise taxes or continue austerity; no to both is logically impossible. (Or, OK: Borrow money? But then that's just deferring the increased taxes to the future, so feels like a bit of a fib for marketing.)

But yeah yeah, I'll go read your linky-blah now. (Even though it is Sky News.)
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
     Debate- it was bad - (crazy) - (10)
         Biden has a stutter and gets tongue-tied at times. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             I was expecting this - (crazy) - (1)
                 :-) I try to be consistent (and not in the hobgoblin sense!!) - (Another Scott)
         What a choice - (pwhysall) - (6)
             Well, one of them is a felon a few dozen times over as well... -NT - (malraux)
             Heh. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 Seems doubtful they will -- I gather Starmer is all for continuing "austerity". :-( -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     You gather wrong - (pwhysall) - (2)
                         Yeah no, that's what I meant. AIUI, that's self-contradictory. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Bah, link broke - (pwhysall)

Given enough shellac, even turds can be polished.
215 ms