IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm eating the "right" amount these last couple weeks
I'm in Philly taking care of my mother, while my brother is rehabbing from a stroke. (And looking for long-term care for her, because I strongly suspect he's not going to be able to any more.)

In the past whenever I'd visit I'd do a small hoagie or cheesesteak most nights. Now that I'm here for weeks at a time, I've only done that a few times, and I'm splitting them with my mother. Literally half of what I used to eat for dinner, and I'm not hungry before breakfast.
--

Drew
New Go hang out in Jim's second floor
Get the window seat. You get an amazing view of the South Street weird people while you get to chow down on the steak sandwich.
New I'm gonna say the most Philly thing I can
Jim's is for tourists. Michael's, around the corner from me, is way better.

I explain for non-natives: The best hoagie and the best cheesesteak are always from the place around the corner where you grew up.

If I were in Cleveland and Jim's showed up, yeah, I'd sing their praises. But when I'm here, gotta be Michael's.

Wawa gets a pass. It's always acceptable if you're away from your neighborhood. They've got the pretzels, too.
--

Drew
New I am a tourist
And there was nothing within walking distance to me growing up.

Either I'm driving or taking the speed line and then swapping trains at 8th and market. Either way it's at least a 30 minute investment either direction.

But I was there for the party anyway. I'm hanging out for hours. Waiting for the TLA to let us in at midnight for Rocky horror.

One time the line was way too long at Jim's so I picked up a cheesesteak from the Ishkabibles window. It was great.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/X7RwcK7EypgEXWU79
New They moved Rocky to a theater over on Walnut, what a disappointment
--

Drew
New Yep, a bummer
https://www.landmarktheatres.com/events/1878-landmark-ritz-five-the-rocky-horror-picture-show/

Assuming you mean this one.

Keeping in mind I like the theater that they moved it to. That's 1 block from my father's house on spruce Street. When he was alive. I spent a lot of time walking back and forth between that area and South Street in the other direction.

I tried to envision the party atmosphere of those 6 blocks of South Street. The TLA was right in the middle of it so there were several blocks of party in either direction while we waited 2 hours until midnight.

Those theaters are kind of in isolated environment by the hotel. There's no fun shops or areas of congregation until you move a bit closer to the river. Certainly nothing like the South Street environment filled with restaurants and bars.

Oh well.

On the other hand, I'm an old man and midnight shows are totally out of the picture for me. If I was in the area, I might consider a 10:00 show.
New I want to take the wife, but at TLA
They do go back there for special events. Guess I'll have to follow their page.
--

Drew
     Who decided on serving sizes? - (drook) - (17)
         Over-eating is the curse of the west - (pwhysall) - (5)
             I blame breakfast cereal. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Water weight is a thing... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     We get trained to ignore satiation. -NT - (static)
             Everybody's deficit looks different as well - (malraux) - (1)
                 Absolutely - (pwhysall)
         I have been eating kids meals for years, can barely finish them. Rare occation when I do fast food -NT - (boxley) - (10)
             Yup, kids meal was the regular size in the 50s - (drook) - (9)
                 man I cant even finish a small fries anymore -NT - (boxley) - (8)
                     We all got old - (crazy) - (7)
                         I'm eating the "right" amount these last couple weeks - (drook) - (6)
                             Go hang out in Jim's second floor - (crazy) - (5)
                                 I'm gonna say the most Philly thing I can - (drook) - (4)
                                     I am a tourist - (crazy) - (3)
                                         They moved Rocky to a theater over on Walnut, what a disappointment -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                             Yep, a bummer - (crazy) - (1)
                                                 I want to take the wife, but at TLA - (drook)

Messing with brain chemistry is not something to be lightly considered.
169 ms