IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Beware the power connector
From what I could find, Lenovo used their rectangular connector on the X1. The connector is held in by two thin metal spring strips in the socket. Fine if the machine will be parked on a desk, but those springs were out pretty quick if you use it on your lap a lot.

[My wife has a Legion G5 with that same connector. The thing is driving her nuts by now as it has gotten so bad that just shifting position is enough to make the power cable drop out.]
New Oooh. I didn't know that. Thanks for the warning!
New That's what you call a design error!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New A tech philanthropist should buy the MagSafe patent and free it
--

Drew
     MBPro M3 Pro? - (Another Scott) - (22)
         I've had an M1 Pro since 2021 - (malraux) - (3)
             Thanks. I appreciate it. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Me Two - (pwhysall)
             If it’s just for office work, 16GB is ample - (pwhysall)
         Re: MBPro M3 Pro? - (pwhysall) - (10)
             Re: MBPro M3 Pro? - (malraux) - (9)
                 eqMac - (pwhysall) - (8)
                     Thanks - (malraux) - (7)
                         Window management was one thing I thought Apple had solved - (drook) - (6)
                             Nope - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                 So how was mine doing that? I never set anything up, it just worked -NT - (drook) - (4)
                                     You clearly have more stylish hair -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                         [ snort! ] -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         I do -NT - (drook)
                                     Apple keep tinkering with it. - (static)
         Thanks all. Decided against it. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Beware the power connector - (scoenye) - (3)
                 Oooh. I didn't know that. Thanks for the warning! -NT - (Another Scott)
                 That's what you call a design error! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 A tech philanthropist should buy the MagSafe patent and free it -NT - (drook)
             Greetings from Ubuntu 24.04 on X1 (from USB stick) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Shame they upgraded what you're tossing and downgraded what you're keeping -NT - (drook)

The fourth-worst poetry in the known Universe.
49 ms