IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New eqMac
https://eqmac.app (heh lol the forum doesn’t think that’s a URL, god that’s so 2015 😀)

So the thing with HDMI volume is really fucking annoying because macOS can control some devices, but not others. eqMac is the only tool I found to solve this problem.

Windows handles sound volumes differently and can always control the volume.

Source: my Mac and PC share the exact same monitor.
New Thanks
I just started using an A/B for my monitor between the Mac and the gaming PC, and having the external speakers plugged into the monitor results in a suboptimal volume range experience...

Probably the biggest annoyance I have is macOS rearranging my windows across the various monitors when it sleeps. Everything gets shuffled more or less onto the main monitor, which isn't the laptop's built-in. Every morning starts with "ok, this one goes on the left monitor, this goes on the right, hoopdee doo ain't this fun".
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Window management was one thing I thought Apple had solved
Used a MBP at a previous gig. I was on and off the dock and into other meeting rooms constantly, and it always remembered the setup for each location. Has this gone backwards, or was I accidentally recreating the one use case they had built it for?
--

Drew
New Nope
Raw macOS has basically no window management.

I have Magnet, so I have proper 21st century window management.

My laptop remembers where windows go between internal and external monitors across sleep sessions. Scott’s does not, and I think it’s down to either his choice of wallpaper, his locale settings, or his foppish haircut.
New So how was mine doing that? I never set anything up, it just worked
--

Drew
New You clearly have more stylish hair
New [ snort! ]
New I do
--

Drew
New Apple keep tinkering with it.
I've had a work MacBook Pro since about Mavericks (I think). Some versions were good at remembering where app windows should be, other versions would just forget.

I guess it gets pretty complicated when trying to cater for all the different scenarios people want and I bet some probably conflict. I suspect apps themselves can be involved in how the OS remembers where their windows were, too, but I don't actually know.

Wade.
     MBPro M3 Pro? - (Another Scott) - (22)
         I've had an M1 Pro since 2021 - (malraux) - (3)
             Thanks. I appreciate it. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Me Two - (pwhysall)
             If it’s just for office work, 16GB is ample - (pwhysall)
         Re: MBPro M3 Pro? - (pwhysall) - (10)
             Re: MBPro M3 Pro? - (malraux) - (9)
                 eqMac - (pwhysall) - (8)
                     Thanks - (malraux) - (7)
                         Window management was one thing I thought Apple had solved - (drook) - (6)
                             Nope - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                 So how was mine doing that? I never set anything up, it just worked -NT - (drook) - (4)
                                     You clearly have more stylish hair -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                         [ snort! ] -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         I do -NT - (drook)
                                     Apple keep tinkering with it. - (static)
         Thanks all. Decided against it. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Beware the power connector - (scoenye) - (3)
                 Oooh. I didn't know that. Thanks for the warning! -NT - (Another Scott)
                 That's what you call a design error! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 A tech philanthropist should buy the MagSafe patent and free it -NT - (drook)
             Greetings from Ubuntu 24.04 on X1 (from USB stick) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Shame they upgraded what you're tossing and downgraded what you're keeping -NT - (drook)

An easy subject, at which very few excel!
104 ms