IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It will be a console for a year or two
So to start off with PS5. Can you recommend a particular third party gaming controller? I want as easy on my hands as possible. Think of minor arthritis and I gave up on gaming when Ben kicked my ass when he was nine. My ego couldn't handle it. But now I'm happy to flip through some driving games. So what controller would you recommend for me?
New Different controllers for different games
--

Drew
New [ rofl ]
New Third party controllers are aimed at competitive gamers...
...not old geezers. You will probably not find ergonomic relief in a third-party offering.

You should check out the Sony controller first. Also get your hands on an Xbox controller.

A key difference is that the Sony controller has the thumbsticks arranged symmetrically, where the Xbox controller is asymmetric. Different people find them differently comfortable. I’m asymmetric and prefer the Xbox controller, but I know people who find the Sony controller better for them.

Bonus: the Sony controller has a built-in microphone that you can accidentally activate in-game, so everyone playing with you can hear you debating what you’re having for dinner with your spouse, the argument you're having with your children, and the terrible music you listen to whilst playing.
     Hey gamers: what hardware to get? - (crazy) - (38)
         PS5 then. - (malraux)
         What Adminiscott said. - (static) - (1)
             Okay, sounds good - (crazy)
         On the other hand - (crazy) - (20)
             Can that thing run an open source trainable model? - (crazy) - (1)
                 Not local, but ChatGPT on Raspberry Pi smart speaker - (Another Scott)
             See the 3rd page of your link. - (Another Scott) - (17)
                 Understood. - (crazy) - (15)
                     It's always just about ready - (drook)
                     New AOOSTAR external card coming. - (Another Scott) - (13)
                         Looks like I want a steam account - (crazy) - (12)
                             Lots of folks are doing amazing things with GPUs. - (Another Scott)
                             Is cuda still a thing? - (drook) - (10)
                                 What other are you thinking of? - (crazy) - (9)
                                     I don't actually know what's current, which sparked the question, do you? - (drook) - (8)
                                         Bad comparison - (crazy) - (1)
                                             Ah, I was thinking cuda was a language, not a hardware platform -NT - (drook)
                                         Wha, you haven't? How? - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                             Yep, Python/Rust/Go/Typescript are the 4 horsemen now - (malraux) - (1)
                                                 I changed my mind - (crazy)
                                             Mostly by not reading about programming languages any more - (drook) - (2)
                                                 You remember the old days when c was used to programming operating systems, with a bit of assembler - (crazy) - (1)
                                                     I was never that deep in the stack - (drook)
                 macOS on a Mac Studio is literal actual UNIX - (pwhysall)
         Depends what games you want to play with what input method - (pwhysall) - (13)
             Oh how I wish... - (CRConrad) - (8)
                 Even large case fans... - (pwhysall) - (7)
                     He doesn't even have a fan club, let alone a curve to grade them on. - (CRConrad) - (6)
                         Noctua looks like the quietest - (crazy) - (3)
                             Bah. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 Don't give him time for research, procrastination or paralysis through analysis - (crazy) - (1)
                                     He's 21, he can handle T LEAST PART OF THE RESEARCH HIMSELF - (CRConrad)
                         The quietest fans are from BeQuiet - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Thanks! -NT - (CRConrad)
             It will be a console for a year or two - (crazy) - (3)
                 Different controllers for different games - (drook) - (1)
                     [ rofl ] -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Third party controllers are aimed at competitive gamers... - (pwhysall)