IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My incompetent tech story for the day
My Internet went out 2 minutes into watching the South Park panderverse movie. I've had this Internet around 6 months and it never went out. It's a nice day, no wind, no falling trees. I went downstairs and rebooted the router and waited a bit.

I have eero mesh routers. They came with the Internet package. They set them up. I've never done anything with them. One sits next to the router downstairs and one is upstairs with me.

After the reboot it still did not work.

I called support. I do the standard ingratiating myself with support so they don't hang up on me and put me to the top of the queue when I call back. We get a moment of weather discussion, because windy trees count, and then I find out he's working outside of Philadelphia from home and then we go on to more conversation of where he lives and the fact that I've driven through the town on my way to dorney Park nearby and I grew up in the area.

I hadn't gotten to the dirty jokes point but I was ready.

He told me my eero mesh routers were were offline and I should reboot them. Fine. I looked at the router next to me and I realized it had no lights on. That's interesting. I guess the cat ran by and pulled the plug. I look for the plug. I could not find the plug.

After much searching I was sure there was no plug for this thing nearby. Did the cat steal it? No way. I would have noticed that in the moments that the Internet failed.

What the f*** is going on here?

I confess my embarrassment of the fact. I called tech support and it was worse then a fixed by reboot problem. It was worse than hit the big red switch problem. I actually didn't have a power supply for my device. Everything was working up until a couple of minutes ago but now it's not and have no idea how and no idea where the power cord went.

I tell the guy on support that he doesn't have to babysit me while I search for the plug. If it's still failing after I plug everything back in, assuming I find the plug, I will call back.

Margaret moved the furniture a few months back. Is it possible that this thing has been unplugged for the last 3 months? And I've been getting my Internet connectivity from strictly the downstairs? I guess so.

I run downstairs a few times as I double check what the plug should look like. It's white and very close to a compact USB 3 but not quite. It's got its own tiny power brick.

I come back and Margaret hands me the plug. She knew where she put stuff when she cleaned. I plug it in and run downstairs again to reset everything but it keeps on coming up red. Red is bad.

I call support back. They tell me my area is having an outage and it should be fixed in an hour or two.

An hour later the eero turns from red to solid white. The Internet works again. The eero diagnostics are fine.

That was an interesting cluster f***.
New I've also got an extender that I'm never sure it's actually working
--

Drew
     My incompetent tech story for the day - (crazy) - (1)
         I've also got an extender that I'm never sure it's actually working -NT - (drook)

It’s professional wrestling.
53 ms