IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Christmas in Santa Fe
Long time no chat. I figured it was time for an update and I have big personal news.

After getting laid off in June and finding the job market to be crap and just not giving a rat's ass about ML/AI (as far as I can tell it is Mentally Limiting/Artificial Incompetence) I decided to take my unemployment checks and start a record company, thus embarking on the career path I always wanted. Otherwise, I think I'm maybe retired. I just don't have it in me to learn another stupid tech stack that isn't any better than the ones before.

Anyhoo, I filed to create TNT Records, LLC in CA (although I've moved to La Paz in Baja California Sur and will be a Mexican citizen in another month). I looked up an old band mate in New Mexico and suggested to her we record a Christmas song I wrote about a decade ago with her as the artist. We released it last week. It is available on most electronic distribution outlets such as Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Pandora, Shazam, and about a hundred others.

I'm now working full time on 1) figuring out how to get signed up to get paid (I feel like a gumball machine operator with all the little tiny revenue streams) and 2) how to promote it and get listenership up so I can get paid enough to cover the rent. I see why the labels keep so much money - it is a ton of work compared to making the music but I'm learning a lot and there are distribution and promotional services that make it all doable for an individual now.

Hoping we have created a new Christmas classic so I can get a little something every year and not die in abject poverty.

Please enjoy "Christmas in Santa Fe" by Tess Fresquez (https://www.tessfresquez.com) on your streaming platform of choice. Links to the song available on the above linked artist website on the top right. (sorry, I can't remember how to make links here)

Any help getting it on holiday playlists anywhere would be much appreciated. Add it to your holiday playlists, call and make requests, etc.

Happy Holidays (yeah it is early - this is when you have to start to get on the radio station play lists) or as we say down here, Feliz Navidad.
New Wow, lots of changes!
Good to see you.

Nice song - thanks for the pointer. I'm not on Spotify or anything similar. I managed to figure out how to buy the MP3 on Amazon Music - eventually!

Best of luck with your new adventures.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Wow, lots of changes!
> I managed to figure out how to buy the MP3

How kind of you!

Yeah, lots of changes. I never figured I'd end up here. Funny old world.
New loverly voice
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New A friend just started a new album on Spotify
He said that a pre-save the album on Spotify link helps juice the rotation placement when the release actually happens, then as many likes and listens as you can beg from friends and family can keep it going.

That said, he made $3 since the release. It's a hard road, I wish you the best in your attempt. Music can be so fulfilling.

Edit: found the marketing company he used: https://www.show.co/ They set up the Spotify stuff for him, and other things. Then he has a web site, Instagram, etc.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
Expand Edited by malraux Oct. 28, 2023, 11:23:07 AM EDT
New Re: A friend just started a new album on Spotify
Thanks, I will give show.co a shot.

I've been using iPlugger which gets songs into venues, stores, restaurants, etc...

It must be working, someone in Amsterdam Shazam'd the song and it turned up on a dutch spotify playlist.

Also tried my hand at a press release.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mexican-recording-artist-tess-fresquez-135100643.html

Hoping for some local news stories and maybe radio pickup at least.
     Christmas in Santa Fe - (TB D) - (5)
         Wow, lots of changes! - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Re: Wow, lots of changes! - (TB D)
         loverly voice -NT - (boxley)
         A friend just started a new album on Spotify - (malraux) - (1)
             Re: A friend just started a new album on Spotify - (TB D)

dude...?
94 ms