IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New failure to use the indoor voice
Apparently, if Trump is not returned next year it’s all over for normal elections: “If these tactics {i.e., criminal prosecutions] end up working to keep Trump from winning or even running in 2024, it is going to be the last American election that will be decided by ballots rather than bullets” —Mike Huckabee, pimped forth in living memory as a “moderate” Republican. “Nice little ‘democracy’ you got here. Be a shame if something were to, you know, happen to it if things don’t work out next year.”

You know, I think it might be time to start thinking that these people really mean what they say, rather than dismissing it: “Oh, they can’t possibly mean that!” They do, and the fact that they’re no longer being shy about saying so should, you know, start raising some hackles on our side.

ominously,
New When dog-whistles become TRUMPets.
Expand Edited by CRConrad Sept. 7, 2023, 03:18:32 AM EDT
New I sure hope "these people" are short in number to be effective.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Anyone still saying "they can't mean it" is blind and stupid
--

Drew
New When I think this movement really got out of the blocks.
The Republican Party today is the natural consequence of Reagan. Recall his infamous quote, "Government is not the solution. Government is the problem." Republicans since Reagan have always hated our Constitutional republic. They so hate the idea of democracy that they can't bring themselves to properly pronounce the name of the opposite major party, instead contorting it into "Democrat Party". "Democratic" is just to icky a thing to say.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Democrats should start calling that out
When a reporter says "Democrat party" immediately correct them. It's the name of the party, you don't get to change it.
--

Drew
New Raskin has on the House Floor.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Oh yeah, I remember that one
But he should have used "Republic Party", try to get the press to pick up on it.
--

Drew
New Yup. So in hindsight...
...Jimmy Carter not getting a second term was a catastrophe for America.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Agree completely.
My very first job was working as a Deputy Registrar for his first Presidential campaign (In was a curious quirk to election laws back then, I was too young to vote but not too young to register voters). I was lucky enough to be promoted a couple of times and I got to me the Carters at LAX when they flew in. It was a moment I shall never forget.
bcnu,
Mikem

Kill the Electoral College before it kills US.
     failure to use the indoor voice - (rcareaga) - (9)
         When dog-whistles become TRUMPets. -NT - (CRConrad)
         I sure hope "these people" are short in number to be effective. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Anyone still saying "they can't mean it" is blind and stupid -NT - (drook)
         When I think this movement really got out of the blocks. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
             Democrats should start calling that out - (drook) - (2)
                 Raskin has on the House Floor. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Oh yeah, I remember that one - (drook)
             Yup. So in hindsight... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Agree completely. - (mmoffitt)

Enthusiasm substituting for real talent.
95 ms