IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Western Digital SSD failures reported
Western Digital’s “SanDisk” line of SSDs are going tits-up, and the company seems to stonewalling:
Amid ongoing pressure to address claims that its SanDisk Extreme SSDs are still erasing data and becoming unmountable despite a firmware fix, Western Digital is facing a lawsuit over its storage drives. A lawsuit filed on Wednesday accuses the company of knowingly selling defective SSDs. …numerous owners of the drives, including Ars Technica's own Lee Hutchinson, encountered a problem where the drives seemingly erased data and became unreadable. Lee saw two drives fill approximately halfway before showing read and write errors. Disconnecting and reconnecting showed the drive was unformatted and empty. Wiping and formatting didn't resolve things.
More at the link. Most of my external SSDs—I have a dozen or more—are Samsungs. I’ll have to review my single SanDisk jobbie to make certain that there’s nothing on it I couldn’t live without.

cordially,
New That's bad news!
I use an older model of the 1TB SSD to back up my Mac on alternate weeks. I've liked the speed compared to portable 2TB Seagate disk. I use the disk the other weeks.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Micron and Samsung here. Phew :-)
     Western Digital SSD failures reported - (rcareaga) - (2)
         That's bad news! - (a6l6e6x)
         Micron and Samsung here. Phew :-) -NT - (scoenye)