IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ChatGPT isn't intelligent ... and neither are we
Here

The insight that might be helpful is this: We don’t have a little person inside of us.

None of us do.

We’re simply code, all the way down, just like ChatGPT.

It’s not that we’re now discovering a new sort of magic. It’s that the old sort of magic was always an illusion.

PS: Scott, Auto-links doesn't work on .blog domain.
--

Drew
New I took a course on brains in college (to satisfy a biology requirement).
Kinda relatedly - The prof said that there was no "recognize grandma" neuron - which struck me. IOW, it's a system acting as a whole, at least on a regional scale, not some particular switch dedicated to a particular function. Looking at particular neurons is not the way to figure out what's going on.

Yeah, we're all switches and chemistry and machines can be switches and chemistry. The latter can simulate the former, and probably can do so to arbitrary fidelity - in certain contexts, eventually. But that isn't really an explanation of what's going on, or a profound insight (IMO). Supposedly our brains consume about 12 watts of power. Figuring out how it does so much, so efficiently, and how it teaches itself and reinforces and suppressed and remembers for decades and forgets is worth a lot.

And figuring out how to recognized fakes and disinformation and not be affected by it is probably a next great challenge for humanity (given how easily our lizard brains can be activated).

My $0.02.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
     ChatGPT isn't intelligent ... and neither are we - (drook) - (1)
         I took a course on brains in college (to satisfy a biology requirement). - (Another Scott)

gconftool is used to control GConf from the command line.
73 ms