IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dueling prognoses, part deux
Well, the spousette flew to Southern California on Tuesday for another battery of tests and scans yesterday, and returned last night. Unlike dilatory CæsarCare, Cedars-Sinai has got right back to us. One could wish that they had returned good news.

Her “cancer antigen (CA-125) numbers are up. “Normal” is under 35. Last summer she was >2500; by January the magic number was 18. In March, 81. Yesterday, 322, not a good trend. But the scans? Tumors are sprouting anew, now in the liver and lymph nodes. “Well,” she sighs, “at least now I know why I can’t seem to gain any weight.”

We knew that the surgeon was perhaps unduly optimistic. His younger colleague, the oncologist, always cautioned us that it was more realistic to hope for an extended interval of remission. But three months? “Extended?” We weren’t really prepared for so brief an interregnum.

We’re still off in two days, with the doctors’ blessing, for a planned weeklong tropical holiday, although the news is bound to cast a pall as we sip those beachside beverages with the funny little paper parasols. We’ll drive down to the Southland the day following our return for further consultation and evaluation. Probably we’re facing another several months of these trips (and lordie, the LA summer heat!) for another regimen of chemo, but they’ve hit the beast with their best shots, and it’s hard to know what it now intends, having shrugged off these blows. Nothing good, I’m thinking.

cordially,
Expand Edited by rcareaga April 27, 2023, 06:19:51 PM EDT
Expand Edited by rcareaga April 27, 2023, 06:44:02 PM EDT
New Holding thumbs.
That's what we Nordics do in stead of crossing fingers.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Yours or somebody else's?
A Google search yielded this poster. I thought it was nice.

https://www.amazon.com.be/dp/B08YNKSMHB?ref_=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_NXPA2T8FGB7FXC2TBD5A

Wishing good thoughts in the universe for Rand and spouse since that's all I can do.
New Re: Dueling prognoses, part deux
Cancer is such a cruel disease when it seems to go away and then doesn't... :-(

Fingers crossed! Enjoy you holiday and treasure the good times together.

Best wishes,
Scott.
New Glad you can still travel together
Fuck cancer anyways. Hope can still triumph.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Re: Dueling prognoses, part deux
Fuck cancer. Hope things go as well as possible.
     Dueling prognoses, part deux - (rcareaga) - (5)
         Holding thumbs. - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Yours or somebody else's? - (crazy)
         Re: Dueling prognoses, part deux - (Another Scott)
         Glad you can still travel together - (malraux)
         Re: Dueling prognoses, part deux - (pwhysall)

I can see it now. New posts in IWETHEY Forum Guidelines requiring that bunches of wourds must nouw countain supueurufuluuuouuus u's scattered abuout.
53 ms