IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This boss, on the gripping hand…
Shortly after she assumed the purple in 1995 I was summoned up to an audience with the “Big Rig,” as she was already known (she had begun her career in San Francisco a quarter of a century earlier, and I knew her by reputation: she’d left for the mothership before I ever joined the payroll, and upon her departure made it clear that she intended to return one day in a position of authority, and that she’d have some scores to settle).

It didn’t help that at the time I shared an office, my little art department, with a guy who’d been on that vast shit list in the early seventies, so a certain amount of ca-ca by association was clinging to me by the first time I was admitted to the Presence.

I found her initially off-putting, but I gotta say that over the next seven years of our association that initial impression ripened into genuine hatred and fear. Upon her retirement she left a memo to her successor advising that my little art department be shut down (she had been constrained from doing this owing to the political protection I still enjoyed from her boss), a memo which her acting successor, for whom I’d done a few solids, discreetly shitcanned.

She died a few days ago. Some of my former colleagues are already saying nice things on the bush telegraph. Me? I’m unable to summon up any measurable regret on this occasion, and I’ve got a tunneling electron microscope in the next room, so I’ll STFU.

cordially,
New have run into (luckily) just a few like that best to laugh and point in private
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New You're retired. You are independent.
Go do a tap dance with a top hat and piss on her grave.

I actually told an old boss of mine that I'll be scanning the obituaries and even though I'll be on the other side of the country when he dies ( He was around 80 5 years ago), I definitely will buy a ticket, come back, and piss on his grave. I did this with a smile as I announced my two weeks.

I'm not scanning the obituaries and I'm never getting on a plane again if I can avoid it. But it was great saying it to him. And he still had to work with me for 2 weeks.

And on his deathbed he might have thought of me and what's to come next. He was one of those people with a serious family plot in the cemetery. I think that's the best thing you can do with any a******, take up space in his head and none in mine. I don't even remember his last name.
     This boss, on the gripping hand… - (rcareaga) - (2)
         have run into (luckily) just a few like that best to laugh and point in private -NT - (boxley)
         You're retired. You are independent. - (crazy)

I am the Walrus.
49 ms