IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Time for a new kitten
M has been sad for years. My cat is not her cat. Sorry for being so lovable.

For the last few months she's been searching. She wants a kitten that's all hers.

Except I found out years ago that the only cat I can live with is a Russian blue since their allergen generation is a fraction of other cats.

We live in the sticks. And we want to pure bred Russian blue. Those little bastards are expensive. Whatever the market will bear.

And they're a rare. She finally found one that she considers a reasonable price about an hour away and has left with her father and the dog to go get the 8-week-old kitten.

This kitten has been in a house with dogs so hopefully it will be able to interact with the dog. At that point it can teach the elder cat. I hope.

I have a number one responsibility with this kitten. Don't be too cuddly with it. Let it bond with M. That is going to be difficult.

I think it's time to put 2x6 shelves all over my walls staggered like steps covered with carpets. This place will be a cat playground soon enough.
New You don't need the shelves.
New So cute but confusing
I see a variety of Amazon assortment of shelves and boxes and bridges that look perfect.

The person selling the cat seem to be at work and is unavailable and screwed her out of a couple hours of travel and wait time. We shall see if we get it tomorrow.

But the bottom line is I can expect another cat soon enough and I need to give my cat someplace to go up in the living room and laugh at the dog.
New Understood.
Cats like boxes. ;-)

When I had cats and we tried to get them something like a scratching post, they ignored it. (Of course, why use a scratching post when I can scratch on this giant sofa instead??!)

Are the shelves for your cat, or the kitten, or both?

Doesn't climbing mainly come later? I assume that a kitten is going to try to get away by running under something big and heavy (bed, maybe a couch). Cats do that in unfamiliar new homes, too. Maybe some 2-foot long lengths of large-enough cardboard shipping tubes put in strategic locations?

Dunno.

When they're old enough, sure, they'll be climbing the walls (and the humans).

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New The most cutest adorablest thing in the world
Yesterday a lady dropped off a Russian blue kitten. About 8 weeks old. 2.2 lb. I took it to the vet today and the vet said all is good. And here's our shots schedule and I signed up for the total comprehensive care package. It's a boy. We were told it was a girl. The vet assures me it's a boy. Not a problem, I don't care either way. He will be spayed at 5 months. We are not breeding here, we are cuddling.

It was raised in a family household with dogs. It walked into this house and took over. That dog does not stand a chance against it. And it doesn't try, it initially tried to hunt it down and then got swiped enough times in the nose to realize it's better to be friends than enemies. Now he stalks the dog all the time. Occasionally jumping onto its back and riding it.

Since the elder cat has been in the bedroom hiding from the dog, there has been almost no interaction between the cats.

Last night the kitten snuggled under blankets and then fell asleep in my armpit leaning it's cheek against mine. The elder cat typically sleeps on the other side of my head, but after one sniff got the hell out of there.

Today I tossed the kitten a foot away from the elder cat. Severe hissing and back arching from both of them. This will be a while.
New I thought this was supposed to be HER kitten
--

Drew
New I'm with DrooK here: You're on the path to fucking this up.
New Don't rush the cat intros
Better slow. You don't want to prod the elder into spraying to mark its territory.

Ideally you put the new cat behind a door in a bathroom or something and start cracking it after a week or two, then slowly progressing to letting more interaction happen.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Good point on that
M always get priority on the kitten but if she's not there I'm going to cuddle that kitten.

And she works and I don't. So you know the vast majority of time will be spent with me.

Last night it was cuddled up to her in bed asleep and she attempted to shove it off her neck towards me. My cat was on the other side and tried to smack it and ended up smacking my head instead.

My cat then spent the night cuddling next to me as well. It's working out fine.
New Well if she's going to push it away ...
--

Drew
New Yup, her own fault then.
We don't have any pets, so I have to settle for cuddling with my wife (and she, with me). Seems to work fine for us so far.

(Though we used to have the cutest little pet that wanted to come in the middle and cuddle with both of us -- but not so much recently, since a while before he started school some decade-plus ago... :-)
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Seems to be resolved
The kitten snuggles with her and elder cat snuggles with me and never the two shall meet. At least on the bed.

It's very odd for me to have to be specific with a cat when speaking. The last 5 years it has been the cat. I never used its name. I'm not even really sure what its name is.

In previous multicat situations, each cat was different as far as breed and appearance, so I could specify that way. But these two are pretty much identical.

So right now it's the kitten and the elder cat. But I better stop doing that because it's not going to be a kitten for much longer.

It's also difficult specifying the gender since we originally thought it was a girl and now we found out it's a boy so we used to say she but now we try to say he. But we never remember. I've decided it's a trans cat and it's a they.

I have just realized that the kitten will be a serious talker. Elder cat was silent until about a year ago now she does an occasional tiny little trill. It was feral for the first year and had no human socialization.

This kitten meows and talks all the time. Kittens meow to their mother, but when they grow up, if there are no humans around, they lose the meow. Full grown cats meow specifically for humans.
New oldun youngun
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Youngun is a pain in the ass snuggle bunny
Leaps to my throat and knocks my jaw out the way to get its licks and cuddles in.

3:00 in the morning. I throw it off the bed at this point.

We got our first Airbnb review. It's nice. Yay.
     Time for a new kitten - (crazy) - (13)
         You don't need the shelves. - (Another Scott) - (12)
             So cute but confusing - (crazy) - (11)
                 Understood. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                     The most cutest adorablest thing in the world - (crazy) - (9)
                         I thought this was supposed to be HER kitten -NT - (drook)
                         I'm with DrooK here: You're on the path to fucking this up. -NT - (CRConrad)
                         Don't rush the cat intros - (malraux) - (6)
                             Good point on that - (crazy) - (5)
                                 Well if she's going to push it away ... -NT - (drook) - (4)
                                     Yup, her own fault then. - (CRConrad)
                                     Seems to be resolved - (crazy) - (2)
                                         oldun youngun -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Youngun is a pain in the ass snuggle bunny - (crazy)

We are trying to save children from evil forces. This wisdom tooth is not a good sign.
63 ms