IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A week later
We have a routine. He gets up around 6:00 and hangs out downstairs for a couple of hours. I'm upstairs waiting until time. Around 8:00 I open up the door and the dog comes bounding in. He wanders up a couple minutes later and M makes him some coffee. He settles in the couch and we watch news for a while.

Then we put on some type of long running series on. My lord he loves the Blue bloods. He loves that Tom Selleck old cop in charge of the family shtick. Holy s*** he loves this show.

He just got another announcement of another great grandchild. He giggles. He's so loves the little ones. Be fruitful and multiply and he did his job. He has no idea of the total count at this point. No one does, there are so many.

Sometimes when he walks into the room, I'm currently watching something that I know to quickly turn off. I watch a lot of YouTube videos from the Meidas touch network channel. That's a lefty lawyer who does great analysis. He saw some headline and demanded I click in. Bad idea. No you must do it. Fine old man, let's get you seething. I walk into the kitchen and tell M that an explosion about to happen.

He lived in Florida for many years. He loves his DeSantos. He think it's perfectly reasonable to incent people to travel from Texas to Florida and then fly them up to Martha's vineyard. Nothing wrong with that. But Ben on the TV is explaining how illegal this is and that deSantos should go to jail for this and the screaming starts.

Of course I am not helpful. I don't consider him demented at this point. He had a concussion about a year ago and he spent about 6 months of recovery. But I can tell the sharp old man is back. So I'm perfectly willing to tell him that if you wish to have a discussion you can't bullshit. Start with agreed upon facts and don't distract from the point or we don't have a discussion. The discussion gets loud. It's no longer a discussion. At this point M steps in.

I realize that the dog in the hear me when I subvocalize. I can barely hear me in my head and the dog can hear me across the room and follows my direction. This is a very nice well-trained dog with incredible hearing.

The dog wanders around all day and that means my cat hangs out in my bedroom. I feel like I'm cheating on my cat when I pet the dog. I go into the bedroom and hang out with the cat as well. We have to keep the door fully shut because the dog comes in and eats the cat food. But the litter box is on the other side of the house. So I kick him and the dog out halfway through the day for an hour so my cat can run freely to her litter box and then we do it again until around 7:00 at night.

M is really good at setting up the food. I can take care of myself, barely. I eat when I'm hungry and not that much. But to schedule meals with someone who has to eat at a given time? Don't trust me with that. We'd all starve. So on days when M works she leaves around noon and there's something to put in the microwave or for me to cook.
New a routine, of some sort
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New You're surviving! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I'm always a survivor
I'm a cockroach, you can't kill me.

At least that's my attitude generally.

M has set NCIS on a couple of seasons ago which I've seen and I know intimately. M is happy to rewatch. He falls asleep on the couch. And then M leaves. And then it's my job to watch NCIS while he wonders in and out of consciousness. But I've seen this NCIS so I read my phone at the same time but it's loud and distracting. But I can't leave the room since I need to pay attention for when he gets up because he's fragile. It takes him a few seconds to stand up carefully and then to slowly walk along and get his balance. He could die any second and it would be my fault.

I'm not built for this elder care taking thing. I'm glad my parents died when I wasn't in the room. I'm way too selfish.

On the other hand, my selfishness includes the inability to put my right foot down right now. It's too painful. I use a wheeling kneeling thing to move around. I can't stand next to him and support him. If he starts to fall he'll take me down with him.

Six more weeks.
New I just realized
He reminds me of Peter Griffith's father on Family Guy.
     Ah, civil conversation with a trumper - (crazy) - (15)
         fentanyl will fix that -NT - (boxley)
         And no mention of the narcissistic psychopath? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             I was just discussing this with a friend in email - (crazy)
         You familiar with Beau of the Fifth Column? - (drook) - (5)
             Not happening - (crazy) - (4)
                 Holy s***, the dementia has kicked in - (crazy) - (3)
                     that isnt nescessarily dementia, you said he used to be a cop -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                         The fact he says it out loud - (crazy) - (1)
                             And now we know - (crazy)
         A week later - (crazy) - (4)
             a routine, of some sort -NT - (boxley)
             You're surviving! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 I'm always a survivor - (crazy)
             I just realized - (crazy)
         And then a bit more - (crazy)

Real FORTRAN! Woo-hoo!
86 ms